Dead buck on game cam and the visitors that feed (and take horns)

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Have you all ever seen this? It's the best video I've ever seen on a subject like this. Some guy chained a dead buck to a tree (I think it was roadkill - the road isn't far in the background). Anyway, the visitors that come to feed are all captured on film. Great stuff.

https://youtu.be/haPYFEbehv8

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
that was cool thanks for posting. That family of cats fed well and that poor skinny dog showed up a little to late.

Bolt

Four Pointer
I didn't realize bobcats scavenged that much, I guess if you are hungry and there is a free meal its time to eat.

Briargoat

Ten Pointer
That was awesome! I want to do something like that myself next year. Wonder if the guys that took the horns were trespassers or what? Those bobcats were cool

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I don't know where it was filmed. It's weird because I saw (and bookmarked) this video YEARS ago and yet it "only" has 5000 views or so on youtube and only two comments. Maybe you can 'clear' comments. Maybe they were disabled for awhile. I DO remember trying to find this video by searching for it on youtube and couldn't come up with it. I think I found it again by searching my email from when I sent it last time.

Either they were poachers, or maybe the guy who put the video up? Came to get the antlers? It's far enough off the road you'd never have seen it.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Anybody catch the strutter in the field? And that poor hound was out for 5 days. Must have been made around here. The cats were certainly fun to watch. The one I had on cam last year covered the beaver I had staked out as well.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Anybody catch the strutter in the field? And that poor hound was out for 5 days. Must have been made around here. The cats were certainly fun to watch. The one I had on cam last year covered the beaver I had staked out as well.
I did NOT see the strutter! Ha! Do you have your beaver vid on YouTube?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

hawkman

Eight Pointer
You must have been pulling my leg and I fell for it... (Re:a strutter)

Possible Red-shouldered Hawk on the morning of Jan 05?
Gray Fox Jan 22?

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
A couple of observations.

As the batteries lose power the quality of the night pictures diminished.

I felt sorry for the dog that was obviously lost, or not recovered.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I did NOT see the strutter! Ha! Do you have your beaver vid on YouTube?

Sorry hawkman. My bad. At the 3:14 and next 2 seconds, in motion, I now see that it is a guy on a lawnmower I guess.
Don't have a vid of the bobcat but will try to find the stills.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Been watching this kind of action while night time coyote hunting since 2012 over bait piles. Unless you have done it you can't imagine all the different animals/birds you will see. In addition I have also watched mice, small owls, and flying squirrels. I've gotten so I almost prefer night time coyote hunting to any other form of hunting.