Bill would require NCWRC to control invasive species

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
cant wait to see the plan on the brown tree snake control.

where are the armadillos?

reads to me that the ncwrc can suggest and allow the control but the trappers and hunters have to do the heavy lifting. Or not if they decide. kinda like yotes now.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Most red fox in NC are native and hardly invasive.
Most everything you like to call invasive are native, most all second generation things native if you want to get technical about that point, but that still doesn't mean they are less invasive to the ecosystem.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The word "shall" is used. Not "may" but "shall".

Believe it or not, I know how to read. And right after "shall issue" is "rules". "Shall issue rules" doesn't mean WRC staff are out hunting down invasive species.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
^ Dang ellwoodjake, you beat me to it. Red foxes and coyotes migrated in as habitat changed and or to fill a niche which is a little different than what I consider an invasive species. Now, man bringing in coywolves and releasing them I could consider that invasive.

Last edited:

RJ1

Ten Pointer
Regardless of origin or native or non native I think we agree the WRC should have control over fox seasons.

The WRC will get complete control over the fox "When Donkeys Fly".

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I agree. SC has had this problem forever.

No South Carolina's system is set up that way on purpose. Its always been political.

For every game animal but fox the NCWRC has the power to set seasons and bag limits.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
dumbest_thing.jpg

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
No South Carolina's system is set up that way on purpose. Its always been political.

For every game animal but fox the NCWRC has the power to set seasons and bag limits.

My point was it would be bad for NC to follow SC's example. Sorry that wasn't explained better.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I wish bullfrogs were invasive around my place. As a kid I used to find them just about everywhere. Not so much now. :confused:

Last edited: