Forum upgrade complete...old features will be added back.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Welcome back to NCH&F. Basic functionality is back along with secure (SSL) logins and a newer, faster web host. And there may be one or two other benefits folks will find as they use the forum.

While we shake out any issues, I've pared back the look and feel of the site. I will be adding the old styles back and support for tapatalk too.

I think we have finally gotten rid of the file store redirect crap. Let me know ASAP if this is not the case.

I would strongly suggest you log out of the forums and log back in and if you are having problems, clear your browser cache and then post in this thread.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Does this have anything to do with me being logged out of te forum on Tapatalk and it not letting me log back in?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Does this have anything to do with me being logged out of te forum on Tapatalk and it not letting me log back in?

Yes...thats the part that says "While we shake out any issues, I've pared back the look and feel of the site. I will be adding the old styles back and support for tapatalk too." :)

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yes...thats the part that says "While we shake out any issues, I've pared back the look and feel of the site. I will be adding the old styles back and support for tapatalk too." :)

Lol touché. I'm back in thanks for squaring it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wondered why it was acting "glitzy" yesterday. Thanks for the info & the updates.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
There is a potential issue with SSL stapling in Firefox browsers. You will get the error: "OCSP server suggests trying again later" and the page will not load. To fix this issue in Firefox, navigate to "about:config" in the address bar and set security.ssl.enable_ocsp_must_staple to false. I will make a chance to the server to not require OCSP stapling when I get home.

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Having issues with my laptop. On my phone and desktop I got the changes but on my laptop I still get the site down for upgrade notification. I have logged out and rebooted and still get message.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The other skins will be loaded after a day or two. Didn't want to throw too much stuff in until it was stable.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Not to whine, but his blue is really hard on the eyes, is that permanent? Thanks...

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Anyone know if Uncle Fester is still around? I'm hoping he can try the new site and see if the slowdown he was having is fixed?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
seems fine,,,,,

hurt my feelings last night when I got back from my SENC drive and couldn't get on!!

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
will the new site help me get a turkey this year? that would be a great feature. j/k, thanks for your hard work keep this site up and running.