Field & stream coming to Fayetteville

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just saw the sign- coming to intersection of skibo & cliffdale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
getting more and more crowded in that area,,,,why I stay out of it as much as I can!!

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yeah interesting placement. Gander is just couple blocks up the street, academy is a block down the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
guess it's like Lowes and Home depot in that area,,,,,,,,,

Skibo - the road you love to hate,,,,,,,,

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I like the one in Greensboro. On Saturday took my granddaughter and a friend to Gander Mtn, Dicks, and F & S, and it was far superior to the other two. They have a huge gun selection, and even carry a few used ones. They had a new Remington 7600 carbine $200 cheaper than I have seen anywhere else. Also had specials on some high end rifles. In the clothing section they sell Carhartt cargo pants (not shorts), have never seen them anywhere else.

witler

Eight Pointer
The Greensboro is now my go to F&S since the Cary/Carpenter location closed. I think who ever researched the Cary location got it wrong. I didn't mind only 10 minutes from the house. If you look at future demographics for that area , it show great growth for the area, little did they know that the majority of the new population would be Indian, don't mean Cherokee either. That whole area of Cary, Carpenter and Morrisville is becoming heavily populated with people from the East. This is ok, just don't see too many out fishing or turkey hunting.
Overall, I like F&S, great prices, some items selection is limited. In Greensboro an Academy is opening soon just down the street.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
The Greensboro is now my go to F&S since the Cary/Carpenter location closed. I think who ever researched the Cary location got it wrong. I didn't mind only 10 minutes from the house. If you look at future demographics for that area , it show great growth for the area, little did they know that the majority of the new population would be Indian, don't mean Cherokee either. That whole area of Cary, Carpenter and Morrisville is becoming heavily populated with people from the East. This is ok, just don't see too many out fishing or turkey hunting.
Overall, I like F&S, great prices, some items selection is limited. In Greensboro an Academy is opening soon just down the street.

I think the Cary location's problem was the fact that it was at the end of a dead end road. Literally, no reason to be in the area if you didn't live right there.

witler

Eight Pointer
It was also located in an outdoor shopping ctrl, much like Basspro. The shopping center is slow to get tenants. I would have thought they would have closed Golf Galaxy before Field n Stream, both part of same company. Either way I miss it.