High rock

ncdude

Button Buck
So going to try high Rock for some crappie this weekend, and have never fished past Norman for anything. Not wanting anybody special spots but any advice or recent reports would be greatly appreciated. Taking a 65 year old man with a bucket list that includes catching a pile of crappie like he did when he was a young man as he says. Thanks for any help guys.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Fished it this week. They are getting much shallower and HR is full of brush (man made mostly) if you can read electronics find brush 10-14' and start jigging right down in it.

I forgot to add, most of the people like to place their brush on the top side of creek channels and the upper side of fairly steep dropoffs. These are places to really look at your electronics for structure.

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They should be getting right. This weekend should be good. I haven't been to HR in awhile, but I've heard reports of guys having some really good catches on nearby lakes. I went yesterday, and caught some. The fish were definitely active.

This time of year, they are moving shallow, and I'm usually fishing brush piles around docks. BTW, they removed the size and creel limit from HR.

ncdude

Button Buck
Thanks guys for the help. Had an awesome weekend caught over 400 fish. For an old man bucket list he sure did well.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
There were some big ones being caught on High Rock in the last couple weeks. Right now the water is really high and muddy in the river. If you put in anywhere other than flat swamp, you may not be able to get under the bridge to access that part of the lake, it had about 1.5' of clearance yesterday. Keep that in mind if you want to fish the rock this weekend. Also Cashion Rods has a crappie tournament blasting off from Tamarac Marina in second creek Saturday morning as well.

Last edited: