Stripers

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
tagfish.jpg
Since the Roanoke was finally blessed with a little bit of water I gave it a try yesterday. Caught 9 and kept an 18.5 and a 20.5 which had a red tag in him. I have caught a few yellow tags but this is only my second red one. it will cover my fuel for the season anyway:cool:.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats......what does the red tag mean?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I used to participate in the tagging process but NCWRC got to where they were making it harder than necessary so I sent back the equipment and remaining tags. They still contact me every year about doing it again but it hasn't changed so I politely refuse.
I don't mind helping them but it seems that someone in Raleigh sits around at their desk and dreams up ways to make things more difficult on the folks in the field.

ltmcleod

Eight Pointer
I was hoping to go down tomorrow afternoon, not sure what all this water is going to do to the fish. Not to mention the wind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ltmcleod

Eight Pointer
I think I'm going to fight the wind and give them a shot tomorrow

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
Water is rising now which will change the bite. We caught 20 rock with only 1 keeper this afternoon but we also caught 13 nice largemouth. Between the rain and the dam being opened up some more I think it will be a slow weekend. Look out turkeys!!

ltmcleod

Eight Pointer
I tolerated the wind today and it ended up being a good day. Caught a bunch of short fish but managed to get 3 19"-20" fish. Also caught this 26" fish that swam off strong after a short resuscitation
25ed029c8999b672603c8f26a4f021be.jpg

Mountaineer91

Four Pointer
Ltmcleod, where did you put your boat in and what did you fish with? Thinking about fishing somewhere this week with my son but cannot figure out where to put in on the river. I have only fished out of Weldon before. Thanks.

Nice fish!