Next week

Tunanut

Ten Pointer
After this blow goes thru by sometime Saturday, the weather shaping up to be epic for offshore fishing. I'm headed to MHC on Saturday and plan on fishing thru Friday. Anyone else getting the itch? You will not see better weather in April than what we have in store for next week. I hope i didn't just curse myself.....

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
good luck

your post reminded me,,,,I need to finish coordinating a fishing boondoggle,,,,,

2boyz

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Plan to hit the Virginia Mullets at Southport early next week.

Frying Pan for bottom fish later in the week if we finish a bit of boat wiring and the weather holds.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
After this blow goes thru by sometime Saturday, the weather shaping up to be epic for offshore fishing. I'm headed to MHC on Saturday and plan on fishing thru Friday. Anyone else getting the itch? You will not see better weather in April than what we have in store for next week. I hope i didn't just curse myself.....

Shut. Your. D@mn. Mouth!!!! :)

I gonna pack the gear once we get the 4am update to NWS and Sailflow on Friday Morning... Sunday or Monday on the wahoo full moon...

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Plan on turkey hunting Brunswick county in the morning s late next week and hope to catch some spanish macks in the eve...if they show up by then

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Plan on turkey hunting Brunswick county in the morning s late next week and hope to catch some spanish macks in the eve...if they show up by then

If you find any spaniards please share with us. My little 19ft Maycraft is all gassed up and ready to hit the water. We typically fish out of BI but i'll head south if some good reports lead me that way!

NCDoberman

Ten Pointer
Headed to Cape Lookout Saturday. Got surgery scheduled for the 21st so trying to get some time in before that. Wish me luck.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Looking like Sunday at the Georgetown Hole for us.
Betting the entire mosquito fleet will be out there with us

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Slow for the whole fleet at the Hole.
We scrapped out one Blackfin and a gaffer dolphin.
Only had 4 bites on the troll from daylight to 3.
Eased inshore and padded the box with a couple limits of various bottom dwellers.

Prolly 100 boats up there and the best box we heard on the radio was one wahoo and 6 Blackfin.
Lot of boats came in with nothing.

Ocean was awesome. Our little 30' Grady rolled out on glass at 40kts yesterday morning.
That was a welcome. We're used to slogging it out at 20kts taking quartering seas on the chin.

Dolphin aren't there in big numbers yet but they should be here in a week or two. Big push of hot water starting to spin up the coast.
We fished back and forth on a 69/72 degree break most of the day
Full moon had the water green and dirty all the way out to 300'

Oh well. We'll get them next time.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
I'm with ya on the slogging it out, even in my Carolina Classic we were luck most mornings to head out at 20 knots, that head sea makes for a long ride out. Need to get a new boat and get back on the water, I've got the itch bad.