Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Now here's two bills worth looking at ...

Four Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by CRC View Post
    In VA you still have to stay away from churches to hunt (200 yards I think).

Apparently also allows the director of the wildlife agency to put restrictions on waterfowl hunting.
    Yeah its only private land as well. You should have to stay 200 yards from a church to hunt period, not just sunday

Quote Originally Posted by kahunter View Post
    Its not just MINE. Its every bodies. Just because you do not take advantage of it doesnt mean other people do not as well. That four day season has been a part of duck hunting in NC for as long as I can remember. Lets not take from one group so we can appease another. I was just saying it wasnt a great idea, as some people look forward to that time in the season. Either way I think sunday hunting is inevitable and october season isnt going anywhere
    Of the +/- 400,000 hunters in NC, how many buy a duck stamp?

Four Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by shadycove View Post
    Not sure. Why??
    Last edited by kahunter; Yesterday at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadycove View Post
    Around 35,000.

Quote Originally Posted by kahunter View Post
    Not sure. Why??
    Because in your post [#43] you used the words MINE and every bodies.
    I was just seeing if you knew how many hunters bought a duck stamp [much less hunted the 4 day season] in NC. And then we could compare that number with the number of ALL hunters in NC [400,000 or everybody else].
    I am glad that you have always hunted those 4 days but I don't think that taking away even a single Sunday hunting day from the rest of the NC hunters is fair to them. I am positive that less than 10% of NC license holders bought a duck stamp last year [approx. 35,000] and I am guessing that the 4-day season was used by maybe 500 duck hunters.
    No time to finish the math but it sure isn't a very large percentage of the NC duck hunters and it has to be <.01 percent of all the hunters in NC.
    When we were trying to get Sunday hunting, I saw alot of this line of thought in the opponents of SH.
    Me, mine, me, mine, me, mine and to Hell with anyone who steps on THEIR status quo.
    Last edited by shadycove; Yesterday at 04:39 PM.

The 35,000 duck hunters are the ONLY hunters in NC who cannot hunt on Sundays right now. You other 400,000 can hunt on Sundays. I didn't see y'all starting no petitions about us not getting to hunt right along with y'all. It was we got ours, who gives a rip about the stupid fowlers.
    Some of us think not having Sunday duck hunting is a good thing, JUST LIKE IT IS NOW. We don't have any problem whatsoever wit you other 400000 huntin whatever, wherever or whenever on Sunday. We ain't against Sunday huntin, were against Sunday duck hunting. Y'all set it up however you want just leave waterfowl out alltogether- like was done last time.
    I'd guess closer to 25%(8000-9000) of NC duck hunters hunt at least one of the Oct. days.

The waterfowlers openly opposed SH and fought it tooth and nail [this is why you are the only folks who cannot hunt on Sunday now]. Your leaders sold you out, not the SH supporters.
    I will wait and see about NC this time since I can and do hunt other states whose DNRs are less controlled by a few politically powerful folks as NC is.
    SH is and has been the norm for many years in ALL of those states.
    Last edited by shadycove; Yesterday at 09:21 PM.