Oscarfest!

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
We headed south the lake Okeechobee for our annual bream fishing trip Tuesday afternoon. Fished the lake on Wednesday and had decent luck but low water conditions and high winds made finding fish tough. With storms in the forecast for the Okeechobee area on Thursday we decided to head to the Glades and see what was biting there.

Got on the water at 8:00 and first cricket in the water and bam!
IMG_3777.jpg
These Ocars bite all day. They are some of the hardest fighting fish around. 400 crickets lasted 3 hours. Then we started with artificial baits of all types.

I finished the day using a crappie jig on the end of my bream buster and it was still non stop action.
IMG_3778.jpg
IMG_3780.jpg

2 days fishing there with 3 guys in the boat and we brought home over 500 of these crazy looking hard fighting fish. We caught lots of other types of fish as well but mostly Oscars. This bass was the big fish of the trip and fun to catch on a bream buster.IMG_3781.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats on your success with the Oscars, sure must have been a fun trip...

Last edited:

ducknut

Eight Pointer
That a too funny. Dad always had a tank with Oscars growing up. I've had them off and on. We have so e great stories of them attacking you while feeding them. A few have jumped out of the tank after you. We joke that if the got 20 lbs they'd be maneaters

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
We filleted them and removed the skin. They taste great. These fish are thick and make perfect eating size fillets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk