Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obsession bows?

Twelve Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by woodmoose View Post
    you enabler you,,,,,,,,

I promised myself years ago to NEVER shoot a new bow until I was ready to buy,,,,,you see I shoot such "ancient ones" that these modern ones are like magic!! When I was replacing my 1995(ish) browning compound I went and shot the new (at that time) Hoyts and was like WOW,,,,,,and ended up $1000 poorer on a Vetrix XL! so I know better than to go shoot these new bows that are 10 years newer than what I am currently shooting,,,,them things will spoil a fellow!!

but I may slip over and shoot one anyhow,,,,,,my hoyt's limbs are starting to show some serious issues (beginnings of delamination),,,,,,Think the wife will believe that??
    Sounds like a safety issue to me, if your wife loves you she'll encourage you to buy a new bow before this one blows up on you! LOL

I love my defcom 7. It's similar to my Elite in feel but FAST! It draws a little rougher but has the same back wall. When I switched to my Obsession I changed a lot of stuff (new style release, longer stabilizer, etc.) so I don't know if it's the bow or a combo but I'm shooting better than I ever did even out to 50+ yards. I really like the obsession and the color combos you can get make them look awesome. I went with Black/Kryptek Typhoon since I had a choice. First brand new bow I'd bought in a loooonnggg time.

Go shoot one, you'll probably end up bringing one home.

Quote Originally Posted by 30/06 View Post
    Sounds like a safety issue to me, if your wife loves you she'll encourage you to buy a new bow before this one blows up on you!.

that's exactly it! I KNOW you will be an expert material witness if I need it!

Quote Originally Posted by 30/06 View Post
    Go shoot one, you'll probably end up bringing one home.
    exactly WHY I don't go shoot one!!
    "Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land... you cannot love game and hate predators; you cannot conserve the waters and waste the ranges; you cannot build the forest and mine the farm. The land is one organism. Its parts, like our own parts, compete with each other and co-operate with each other. The competitions are as much a part of the inner workings as the co-operations. You can regulate them—cautiously—but not abolish them."

Aldo Leopold Journal entry

Twelve Pointer

If ever in Raleigh let me know, you can fling a few arrows with mine.

Six Pointer

I have a DefCon 6 and I love it. Came from all hoyts too. Jonathon Brown of Boneyard Archery in GBoro is an expert on these bows and really tunes them correctly. If you want the elite shootability with turbo style speeds get any Obsession.

that's exactly it! I KNOW you will be an expert material witness if I need it!

exactly WHY I don't go shoot one!!
    Whats your draw length? I have 2 here I'd let you shoot, and if you like one, take it home for a deal. You can't beat that.
    80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's... Academic/Athletic Fraud spanning 4 decades, 4+ coaches and 2,645 student athlete enrollments. Dean Smith, Bill Guthridge, Matt Doherty, and Roy Williams. That's a ton of dadgum cheating...

I'll Second what Ashy Larry just said, I have two Phoenixes, don't think a better bow has ever been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxndiverdux View Post
    Whats your draw length? I have 2 here I'd let you shoot, and if you like one, take it home for a deal. You can't beat that.
    31",,,,,but I shoot down to 29" sometimes (bent arm technique dontcha know,,,,,long story),,,,,,,
    "Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land... you cannot love game and hate predators; you cannot conserve the waters and waste the ranges; you cannot build the forest and mine the farm. The land is one organism. Its parts, like our own parts, compete with each other and co-operate with each other. The competitions are as much a part of the inner workings as the co-operations. You can regulate them—cautiously—but not abolish them."

Aldo Leopold Journal entry

31",,,,,but I shoot down to 29" sometimes (bent arm technique dontcha know,,,,,long story),,,,,,,
    That rules out one of them. Not sure any of them will go to 31" even with mods.
    80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's... Academic/Athletic Fraud spanning 4 decades, 4+ coaches and 2,645 student athlete enrollments. Dean Smith, Bill Guthridge, Matt Doherty, and Roy Williams. That's a ton of dadgum cheating...

Quote Originally Posted by Buxndiverdux View Post
    That rules out one of them. Not sure any of them will go to 31" even with mods.
    Your phoenix should go to 31" with #1 mods...

Quote Originally Posted by killa_cam11 View Post
    Your phoenix should go to 31" with #1 mods...
    Couldn't remember if 30" or 31". Thks.