White Bass

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Any one have any go to lures for white bass? By dumb luck i stumbled across a school yesterday and caught two while drifting for crappie. Probably top 5 most fun I've had reeling a fish in. I was drifting a jig head with a minnow, but in didn't know if there was anything that worked great casting and covering alot of water.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
2" and 3" chartreuse grub. White sometimes just as good. White road runners. Rapala xr6. But the most deadly I have ever used is a crappie minnow on a split shot. Guys out in west TN say crawfish are like crack to a whitebass but Ive never tried them.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Bone white Pop R with a white curly tail crappie jig on about an 18 inch long trailer, attached to rear hook...They usually hit the jig after being attracted to the popping of the Pop R...

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
if they are schooling I dont think there is anything they wont bite.

a single hook bait makes them easier to handle quickly so you can get back to em and catch another.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Sounds like that are pretty aggressive. The two I caught slammed pretty hard. I assume it was a school i found. I caught them on back to back cast, but the wind blew my kayak off the spot while i was handling the fish. Hopefully get back out and try them again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Bone white Pop R with a white curly tail crappie jig on about an 18 inch long trailer, attached to rear hook...They usually hit the jig after being attracted to the popping of the Pop R...

I use this for whites, hybids and stripers...

1-DSCF1394.jpg

Last edited: