Anyone have plans for the Total Eclipse 2017?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I seriously want to find myself in the dark zone. I don't know if I should make a day trip of it? Or couple of days with hotels? Or find a group who wants to go altogether?

But to witness in broad daylight, it become darker and darker, and then night, and then lighter and lighter, the kind of stuff that used to freak earlier civilizations out lol.

I remember the last partial I saw, we went outside for work, and it was so dark we thought a thunderstorm was coming (similar darkness) then all of us at once remembered the eclipse. That was back in the 90's.

Anyone traveling not that far to see the full thing?

It'll be in SC, I wonder if their deer regulations will put those few minutes off limits due to daylight? :D

LadyHunter

Button Buck
Just wanted to say....I will be up at school at Western Carolina! I will get to see the whole thing. Was also told that all the hotels around that area was booked (and had been for months and months now) because so many people wanted to see it! I think it will be super cool! I am a young thing so this is something new to me! Good luck on your search!! Might be able to make a day trip to the Western part of NC to catch it!!

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Saw the one we had in 1970 I think it was. It got dark enough for the street lights to come on in Smithfield NC..

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
I have heard people making plans to see the Total Eclipse in 2017, but you are the first I have seen with planes! :greenjump:

I know a group from the Raleigh area with plans to go see it. Last I heard they were looking to confirm spots for their telescopes.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Thought I'd run down below Columbia to get the full effect. Saw a partial some years back and thought the sky turning to pink was neat.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
I saw one in the mid 80's...got dark enough at 1PM that our chickens went on roost.....then got back down...lol...

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I remember the 80s eclipse. Once upon a time I was falling in love but now I'm only falling apart.
Nothing I can say,
Total eclipse of the heart.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I seen on in east tn back in the 80's anf another one in the 70's up north.
can remember what they were called but was outside watching and the sun went away.
We were in school so everyone got to go outside and watch

Cootmeurer

Eight Pointer
Original plan was to head to Mazatlan and do a couple live sacrifices, you know, pull out the beating heart and all. Then I realized that the fourth world had already ended in 2012 according to the Mayan calendar.

I guess I will have it settle for driving out to Cherokee and watching it - maybe pour out a few drink offerings!