Nice drum and blues on Ocracoke and Hatteras it seems.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I guess I follow Tradewinds Tackle and maybe another on Facebook and have been seeing lots of big blues and drum being caught. Is this all live bait/cut bait do you think? The family might make a one-night trip to the OBX this week, and I'd consider HI or OI if we could manage it.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
If its anything like it is down in Wrightsville they are schooled up and anything would work. Casting spoons and jigs will catch the blues and possibly the drum. I have better luck casting large Carolina rigs with bait to the drum.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Cut bait on the point at Hatteras has been hot!! They had a 50 fish day last Thursday. I fished Ocracoke this past weekend and it was slow to the south, much better to the north.

Gilly

Ten Pointer
Trolled around Cape Lookout and Shark Island for a couple hours on Saturday. Didnt catch a thing and did not see any schools of fish or bait. Water temp was only 62-64 degrees out there. Weather was great though. Ended up hanging out on Shark Island for a couple hours drinking some beers.

Last edited:

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
They are catching big blues everywhere, just about as many as you'd want to catch. There has been an epic drum blitz at the point in Buxton several days ago. Having seen and been in on several big red drum blitz I can say it is a sight to behold. The last one I was in on, I caught 9 in about 2 hours and hooked up with 4, in 4 straight cast.

https://youtu.be/xrXPUROpJYM

Last edited:

23mako

Ten Pointer
Gilly, I was at the shoals as well. The big blues were in the white water.

1shot, great video!

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I don't a 4x4 so I can't just go to the point but I did ok on my only trip 20 years ago. Folks were pulling in big stripers and blues:
1005a88b5b420246aeb7bec26f8d650e.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk