Person County grows some big coyotes

1gonewrong

Six Pointer
MFDC0003.jpg

This big coyote looks like a well fed, pregnant female. Sure would like to kill her before the pups are born. As the coyote population has exploded our deer numbers are way down the past 5 years and I think coyotes are to blame. Somehow turkeys seem to be holding their own.

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
Less than 3 miles from the Roxboro Race Track.

we trapped a 56lb male approx. 5 miles from that area 6 years ago. All together I think we pulled 37 off of several different farms in the same general vicinity over 3 year period. Along with quite a few fox, beaver, loads of muskrat, too may skunks and even found a turkey leg in one of the footholds one morning. Hate we found it after the yotes did. Guy I use to trap with got out of it for the most part, BUT if your interested in having someone come out and set some traps on your property once season is back in. I know a guy very local to that area that I'd highly recommend! He's only been doing it for bout 4 years but he's good and very trustworthy. I worked with Person County Animal Control for 15 years and know several trappers in the county. I let this guy trap our farms and have never had the first issue with him at all. If you'd like his contact info pm me. Also I'm not sure if it matters to you, some people it does...but he does not sell anything live. he dispatches them on site and tans the hides.

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
View attachment 54984

This big coyote looks like a well fed, pregnant female. Sure would like to kill her before the pups are born. As the coyote population has exploded our deer numbers are way down the past 5 years and I think coyotes are to blame. Somehow turkeys seem to be holding their own.

Ive noticed the same as far as deer numbers declining on our properties. The Turkey were abundant, but have severely fell off in population over the last couple years. Hopefully getting rid of some yotes, foxes, & skunks will help us in the next several years. I have a property in Rougemont that had loads and loads of turkeys several years ago. I haven't seen the first one out there this year....but have seen lots of yote sign.

Markfromflorida

Eight Pointer
I live near the racetrack off 57 in timberlake. Is that the same track?
I was driving a gravel road a few weeks back and saw a coyote that was the largest I had seen. I would have assumed it was a wolf except for the color.