The blessing continues, #5 in 5 hunts!!!!

BigStrutter

Twelve Pointer
I really don't even know what to say about my turkey season anymore. I keep shaking my head and thanking God for his blessings.

My original plan was to get off work at 7am this morning and then take a nap before an afternoon hunt. Well the weather forecast and the afternoon storms they were calling for made me change my plans and head out right after work instead. I was at the club by 7:30 and greeted with silence. I worked the area where 2 birds were heard Fri during my son's hunt and then just kept walking covering ground. After alot of steps and sweat I was back at the truck and ready to head home. I made the decision to take the long way out of the land and call at a few spots.

At the very first spot I got a shock gobble to some excited cuts. I gathered my stuff and headed down a side path towards him, it was 10:45. I assumed he would be pretty willing at this time of day but I was wrong. I was able to steadily get him fired up but it took about an hour, a little finesse and 3 moves before he strutted into range. He was in his strut zone and wasn't leaving. Every time he'd get farther away I'd creep closer until close enough. The LB XR #5's did their job and he never flopped.

Imagine my surprise when I walked over to him and saw his lovely attributes. Double beard 10" & 8.5" and some nice hooks, 1 1/4" & 1 1/8" spurs.

My first NC bird this season leaving me one tag in each state now. Obviously a double tag out is my goal!!
3729bac2a73d7a1764379a24380b039c.jpg
6566010fe37a214b3e7c122bfbc7d370.jpg
20d6735396557541d441fe02978c2603.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
It doesn't get any better than that! Congrats on a memorable season! I'm looking forward to hearing about the next dead turkey!

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Ride that horse 'til it drops!! When the Lord is smiling down on you...or when you find yourself with the lucky horseshoe...don't ask no questions! Just enjoy it for all its worth! 5 for 5...that's pretty incredible.
Congrats on a great season!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Ride that horse 'til it drops!! When the Lord is smiling down on you...or when you find yourself with the lucky horseshoe...don't ask no questions! Just enjoy it for all its worth! 5 for 5...that's pretty incredible.
Congrats on a great season!

this is exactly correct,

decades ago when i started i killed 4 in the first five trips into the woods.
I thought everbody else must not know how to hunt. :) This stuff was easy.

I found out better.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
this is exactly correct,

decades ago when i started i killed 4 in the first five trips into the woods.
I thought everbody else must not know how to hunt. :) This stuff was easy.

I found out better.

I know what you mean OS! Turkey hunting is like baseball in one respect. A streak; hitting streak, winning streak, etc.... tends to be followed by the opposite streak. The "proper" averages generally prevail over the long haul. Any time I get on a roll...I try and enjoy it to the fullest while mentally preparing myself to ride out the less prosperous times that are surely to come. Bigstrutter's 5 for 5 is an incredible turkey hunting streak! If it was me, I would be prepared for the pendulum to swing. But I sincerely hope he defies the odds and continues his hot streak. Bigstrutter, keep us posted.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I know what you mean OS! Turkey hunting is like baseball in one respect. A streak; hitting streak, winning streak, etc.... tends to be followed by the opposite streak. The "proper" averages generally prevail over the long haul. Any time I get on a roll...I try and enjoy it to the fullest while mentally preparing myself to ride out the less prosperous times that are surely to come. Bigstrutter's 5 for 5 is an incredible turkey hunting streak! If it was me, I would be prepared for the pendulum to swing. But I sincerely hope he defies the odds and continues his hot streak. Bigstrutter, keep us posted.

yes and to do it with so many different hunters as big strutter has done is even more incredible.

BigStrutter

Twelve Pointer
Been 0-4 last 4 trips. Have only heard a bird 1 of those trips and he led me all over the property. I'm not even striking mid morning birds anymore. Let's hope it's just a lull.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk