Lost dog with happy ending

Excursion

Ten Pointer
Last Tuesday 4-11 our 13 year old lab disappeared. She did not have her collar on as it was being repaired overnight. She never wanders far from home so her not having her collar overnight was not a big deal. We looked for her Tuesday evening- Sunday. We walked, rode golf cart, rode four wheelers, cars, etc. We have lots of neighbors helping. Well on Monday we had given up hope and had no ideas left when we received a phone call that someone had a dog wander up similar to ours. It was 14 miles away and just to satisfy this Wife I went to check it out. Well, I will be dang if it was not her!!!!!! WOW! She was as healthy as an old dog could be. I do not think she walked 14 miles. I think she had some help but whatever the case she is back home.

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
Oh my gosh, what are the chances? I know your family is relieved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
That is a good ending with your Dog, glad to hear you got her back..You would be surprised just how far a Dog can walk in that amount of time even if they are elderly..But she might have had help with being 14 miles away by someone who doesn't like Dogs.

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Glad to see your family was reunited with your lab. People will steal a dog in a minute.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
so glad you got her back(I bet she is too!)......I run two separate collars on all my dogs..one bright orange and one red with names & numbers.....my house/yard dogs are chipped also.....

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Glad to hear you got your dog back, it sounds like he hitched a ride with someone to get that far. If he's a barker a neighbor may have "relocated" him for you.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
That's great news, but like you I think she had help. Either way that's the result you wanted.

A few years ago I was dog sitting a friends dog while he was gone to the beach. One day I arrived to feed the dog and he was off his chain. I didn't realize it until I walked up and he ran off. Chased that joker all over that area for days, but wasn't able to catch him. Let my friend know what had happened and he said some of the neighbors in the area had seen him, but couldn't catch him either. About three weeks later as I was driving home I saw a dog that looked just like my friends. After turning around and looking him over real good I decided it was that very dog. Called my friend over and immediately 'Cotton' came running up to him and his son. The real kicker about it all was that this dog wound up three houses away from my own house. The people that live in that house had previously been pointed out to me as dog thieves and trash, but I have no proof of that. What are the chances? If he'd made it that far on his own he traveled several miles and crossed a major four lane highway to wind up within a few hundred yards from my house.