Turkey shells

Combat Diver

Eight Pointer
I just shot some .41 mag reloads I loaded back 17 years ago today. Oldest ammo I've used was some .50 cal API/APIT loaded in WWII couple years ago in Iraq. No issues out of the M2 HB machine gun. If kept in a cool dry enviroment it will last longer then you. Heat is the killer for breaking down powder.

CD

gobbler

Eight Pointer
way back when i had left a box of winchester turkey loads in the truck from the previous spring, time next spring i ride diwn to ala and promptly shot a burd that flew off, two days later same thing, a day later same thing, i got some cardbiard and shot it and about half the pellets stuck in the cardboard, aquarter went through and several just dented it, i called my dad and he figured it out, i had let the shells get to hot in the truck to many times, hard lesson learned, if they have been stired properly though they should be fine, i got reloads over 20 yrs old that work great

Speed1

Eight Pointer
8 or 10 years ago I killed a big gobbler. I was shooting a remington 1100 20 guage. The shell was a Ted Williams #6 in 20 guage of course. I (think) those shells were made in the late 60's or early 70's. I still have them, with the original box. So I'd say 10 year old ammo should be fine.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
When my grandpa died I found several old paper hull shells and shot them just fine. Be sure there's no corrosion though.