What's going on?

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Really, that soon? I was up there 2 weeks before the season and the ground was literally still smouldering. I dont think there is much regrowth yet. Are you saying its a good spot because of regrowth or other factors? I may have to give it a shot regardless, you have my attention.
I have killed turkeys with the ground still smoldering. There are lots of crispy insects in there and burns are open areas where gobblers like to strut for hens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
In 2016 we had 9 total pages in the 2016 turkey kills list thread, including fall and winter kills.

This year, two weeks into our spring season, we already have 9 pages of kills.....

Seems like everybody's killing birds. It's looking like maybe another record harvest brewing for NC.

this is it on the head. best season in a awhile, folks killing them in places where it is unbelievable.

of course my bias is in what i am seeing and hearing but i will bet on a record reported harvest for NC.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
I have killed turkeys with the ground still smoldering. There are lots of crispy insects in there and burns are open areas where gobblers like to strut for hens.

Wow, never would have guessed that. Just put in for a 1/2 day off tomorrow and will hit it up in the morning before heading to work at lunchtime. If I see anything I will work it the rest of the season and see what I can pull out of there. Im at the point where I will be happy if I even SEE a bird, let alone get a shot off.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Wow, never would have guessed that. Just put in for a 1/2 day off tomorrow and will hit it up in the morning before heading to work at lunchtime. If I see anything I will work it the rest of the season and see what I can pull out of there. Im at the point where I will be happy if I even SEE a bird, let alone get a shot off.
Good luck to you. I'm having a rough season myself.

PROTECTOR

Four Pointer

I have also had great success in areas that were recently burned. Seems to attract the birds in my experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk