Flooding effects

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I live near where resident geese nest. I was thinking that if any had laid that the nests would be washed away. I suspect some turkeys nests might have suffered the same fate. Is it time for deer to fawn?

useyourbow

Eight Pointer
Probably at least 15 days from first fawns dropping but the birds may need to re-nest. I know the turkeys will but sure about water fowl.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
In the last 12 years I have never seen the Tar River so high out of its banks on the Vance/Franklin County Line. It frequently overflows and floods the woods and pasture near US 1, but not like today, even with past hurricanes.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
In the last 12 years I have never seen the Tar River so high out of its banks on the Vance/Franklin County Line. It frequently overflows and floods the woods and pasture near US 1, but not like today, even with past hurricanes.
I just crossed the Tar at that same spot on RT 1 a few minutes ago, and I agree, I've never seen it so far out of its banks.
I'd guess it's less than 5 feet from the bottom of the bridge.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
A few weeks ago while turkey hunting after a hard hard rain I was crossing a small creek that came off of a small lake. I noticed a white egg under the water, smaller than your fist but way bigger than a chicken egg. I reached in and pulled it out just to see what it was. It was soft to touch and squishy like a boiled egg would feel. I threw it on the ground and it busted and sure enough it was an egg. I'm guessing a turkey or goose egg that somehow washed down. I wonder how long it had been there and how it had turned soft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk