Can you spot the snake????

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor

This seems to be going around the interwebs , but I figured I'd let y'all ponder on this for a bit. Took me a little while to spot him, but there's really a snake hiding in the leaves.

Last edited:

odie408

Ten Pointer
Killed one of those today while weed eating around my dog kennel. Quite often see them in pairs.I did look for the other one.

witler

Eight Pointer
Someone call 911, I still don't see it, guess my ankles are prime target. One of the drawbacks to bifocals, by the time you get focused, it's too late.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Took a few minutes of hard looking but finally spotted it..Might have stepped on that one for sure...

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Man, those buggers blend in well! It took me coming back to that photo 4 times to finally spot him. Its a wonder all of us don't get bit.......

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
j8IEYA5.jpg

treestock

Four Pointer
Amazing them things can hide in plain sight. Usually have a few close calls a year with copperhead even with trying to keep a good lookout for them.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Amazing them things can hide in plain sight. Usually have a few close calls a year with copperhead even with trying to keep a good lookout for them.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
When I could hear good in dry leaves the tail twitching gave them away many times before I would see them. Now with my hearing gone and I don't wear my hearing aids most of the time that advantage is nullified.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
That's why I wear boots most of the time and let my dogs check things out ahead of me when I walk. They hate snakes!

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I saw him in a heart beat, guess it's instinct or fear. LOL. Like nccatfisher my hearing is sadly lacking and I don't always wear my hearing aids either but you can bet when I'm in poisonous snake country I'll be wearing them along with my "just under the chin" length snake chaps. LOL.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
My youngest daughter came running into the house to say they'd found a snake (I always want them to let me know so I know what's around). I heard my son yell "it has a yellow tail!". I immediately yelled to stay away from it! Sure enough. Copperhead. Smallest I'd ever seen. He wasn't much thicker than a pencil or a regular Sharpie.

Note my boot in the bottom of image.

ch1.jpg

ch3.jpg

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
That is a tiny one.....he would get the shovel too 😊

sent from...... Tapatalk

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Im not gonna lie,

I stared at that picture for at least 10 minutes, even downloaded it and blew it up. I knew it was probably centered in the pic since the images wasn't blurry, and STILL took a long time to see those triangles.

Hawkman, tell me you made that snake a good one?

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Dang. My 7yo daughter just walked up, looked at it, and pointed it out in a few seconds. #youngeyes

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
These old eyes didn't see it until it was circled...

Now, THIS one was a lot easier to see...in the middle of a well used trail, hiking through the woods around Falls Lake...just happened to glance forward and see it before my next stride got to it.