Buncombe ROW bill passes state house

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2017/Bills/House/PDF/H218v2.pdf

"SECTION 1. It shall be unlawful to discharge a firearm, bow and arrow,
5 crossbow, or any other deadly weapon to hunt or kill any wild animal or wild bird on, from, or
6 across the right-of-way of any State maintained road or highway, without written permission
7 from the adjoining landowners or lessees of the land abutting the road across which the weapon
8 is being discharged. This prohibition shall not apply to persons who have a permit issued by
9 the Wildlife Resources Commission to persons who have a handicap that limits physical
10 mobility if the road or highway right-of-way in question is part of game land managed by the
11 Wildlife Resources Commission.".

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
So before this you could shoot from the road onto someone else's property? Seems like this would already be against the law??

RJ1

Ten Pointer
http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2017/Bills/House/PDF/H218v2.pdf

"SECTION 1. It shall be unlawful to discharge a firearm, bow and arrow,
5 crossbow, or any other deadly weapon to hunt or kill any wild animal or wild bird on, from, or
6 across the right-of-way of any State maintained road or highway, without written permission
7 from the adjoining landowners or lessees of the land abutting the road across which the weapon
8 is being discharged. This prohibition shall not apply to persons who have a permit issued by
9 the Wildlife Resources Commission to persons who have a handicap that limits physical
10 mobility if the road or highway right-of-way in question is part of game land managed by the
11 Wildlife Resources Commission.".

The wording in the Bill in the link and what you have written is different,what you have written says if I own or lease land abutting the r/w I can give people permission to shoot across the r/w except for stopping people from riding around shooting on land they don't have permission to hunt it really does nothing for the safety on people riding on the road.The Bill in the link says nothing about this.

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The wording in the Bill in the link and what you have written is different,what you have written says if I own or lease land abutting the r/w I can give people permission to shoot across the r/w except for stopping people from riding around shooting on land they don't have permission to hunt it really does nothing for the safety on people riding on the road.The Bill in the link says nothing about this.
Well he is just the NCH&F news reporter, you know, the Brian Williams of NCH&F so to speak. :rolleyes: Accuracy really ain't his thing.

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns

I didn't read the bill, but what you're saying makes more sense.