Sig Brace and the ATF

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Using Sig Brace by name but it applies to all.
Looks like the ATF did a flip.

That said it was legal and can be used however the user wants.
Then they said as long as you do not touch the shoulder.
Now they went back and stated it is legal and holding it to the shoulder does not change the fact it is a pistol and the classification of the gun....

So it sounds like again you can do what you want with them......

Last edited:

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Saw that. It has to remain stock to be considered reconfigured. the article I read said "This letter applies solely to pistol arm braces which have been submitted to the ATF FTB branch and have received approval. SB Tactical is the only maker to have received this approval."

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I've been doing whatever I want with guns since I was old enough to buy them. My previous home state state said no more than 15rd mags and no Galils, FALs, Mac10 etc. I referred to the constitution that stated otherwise.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I've been doing whatever I want with guns since I was old enough to buy them. My previous home state state said no more than 15rd mags and no Galils, FALs, Mac10 etc. I referred to the constitution that stated otherwise.

10-4.
Some do the same as you and dont care about the laws.
Most do not talk about it.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
10-4.
Some do the same as you and dont care about the laws.
Most do not talk about it.

Well, I moved out of that state because I didn't like having to worry about owning illegal items that aren't illegal 20 miles away.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Good, thought that ruling was stupid. Always found it ironic that that was illegal while shouldering a bare buffer tube was ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Kind of funny but not.....

These anti gunners working at the ATF need to stop and think what they are starting....

Next thing they will take the Cans off the NFA list the after everyone goes to order and pay for them add them back to the list....

It is a bunch of bull

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns

These anti gunners working at the ATF need to stop and think what they are starting....

Next thing they will take the Cans off the NFA list the after everyone goes to order and pay for them add them back to the list....

It is a bunch of bull

Your not wrong, only issue with cans is that the cost for most is a bit prohibitive for the average Joe Schmoe. If they legalize cans I could see a huge issue with mail order can kits, even if the kits are serialized a lot of purchasers could find themselves a felon with the ATF/NFA hop scotch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Think of it like this.

They make cans only 4473 then people start building them like kit AK and AR.

The they show up everyplace with no SN and they go back and say you cant build, must buy with paperwork and SN.

Then make people turn In any home built or face charges and raided house...

gpduxbak

Six Pointer

It is a bunch of bull
I just got an approved stamp to do a form 1 suppressor with the intentions of doing a solvent trap kit. All legal of course. But...... the ATF flip flopped on those as well and shut down most of the companies selling them.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yep.
At one time they wanted all parts of the SS to be controlled and you could not own extra parts for them. The baffles and cones or caps were all controlled.