Bladen Lakes is a lake.

josephaclark25

Button Buck
For any of you going to the Singletary Track....it's a lake. Had a couple gobble this morning..but could not get them to move closer. Finally moved after about 10am to see their hang up. It was a swamp. They were on the far side and must not have wanted to cross the water. The mosquitos were definitely out. Will try again tomorrow. Need to get at least one this year. Struck out so far.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Yep we are down here. Heard 5. Yesterday. And 1 Today . everyone I got one except 1 wagon other side of river. To many. Cutovers, I can see that. This place usedto be a good place to hunt but it is a trashy swamp. With not enough turkey to bother with on a third hunt. Set up on a rd with fresh tracks. Hope they come by before I have s heat stroke.

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Good luck in Bladen I have hunted a few times in Bladen when I couldn't get close to where I wanted to be. I am sure you can find a round about way to get to the birds!! :cool:

Last edited:

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
We back home now, had enough of that place,found three places where turkeys were killed on previous hunts, Got lucky to be in a good spot to start heard 2 there a 3 a mile or 2 away, one got shot at and the other I guess was killed, never found feathers on the first shot location where some where else was. Most of the timber is gone, and turkeys are pressed tight to travel roads in cutovers and rds. easy killing set ups for early hunts,never seen so many hens,got on one yesterday at 5pm, gobbled every call, never moved, moved up and rascal was across river on a island no bigger than a truck, massive cutover flooded behind him, he never moved ,set down in a pile of feathers and a flight control wad from a kill earlier in the season. I can see why this game land was called best place to hunt, but not an more all the turkeys are all in a small strip of bottoms next to the river,and its flooded out, did track a few fresh tracks 3 miles where a gobbler and hen walked a rd, around the b lock, heard one up river this am he was just on the other bank, hot as ever down there, good luck to who ever hunts the last hunt,did find spots to kill if ever get a first hunt, I do believe everyone that got drew showed up.