Copperhead Almost....

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Almost got me, walked in front of it with flip flops on to get mail, walked by it probably within a foot and thought to myself what was that, looked down and to my right and there it was........
Copperhead.jpg

Probably won't be wearing Flip Flops around the house for awhile! :mad:

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You were fortunate not to get bitten. And that's how most folks get struck, wearing flip-flops when they're going to the mail, walking the dog, taking out the trash, etc....

We never go outside unless we're wearing some sort of shoes.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Glad that thing didn't get you..A friend of mine got it on the arm by a Copperhead years ago, a good sized hole rotted out in his arm leaving a nasty scar.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Good example of how docile they actually are, not the blood thirsty kills everyone wants them to be.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I will kill a cope rhea around the house but I don't like to. As for going out without shoes, I grew up barefoot in the warm months and still prefer that to shoes and worry not about snakes. Send my kids out barefoot too

Speed1

Eight Pointer
Good example of how docile they actually are, not the blood thirsty kills everyone wants them to be.

Exactly, you would be hard pressed to be bitten by a copperhead. They will false strike several times before they will actually mean business. I have seen them do it on several occasions. But I have seen firsthand what they will do if you step on him. No false striking then. You WILL be bitten. Ask my wife :).

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Nccatfisher might not have been so lucky but knock on wood, I KNOW of three that I have made contact with before knowing they were there, each one wanted desperately to get away from me.