Facebook Bird

Bolt

Four Pointer
Can I get an Amen for tough season!
I have hunted four counties ranging from central NC to Easter and I have had the same similar outcomes until today.
I started the season on my farm in eastern NC, there were birds, but they were across the swamp and on land I don't have permission to hunt, this carried on for the first two weekends and my two year dry spell was weighing on my mind.
I took a day off work week two and went with a friend to Scotland Neck, had 5 birds on the roost welcoming the new born day with gobble after gobble, I just knew any second they would fly into the field where I was and come in on a string, well a hen flew across the swamp and you guessed it, they followed. I was able to slip onto the other side of the swamp and I called them from 200 yards to 100 and they hung.
Well last night I posted on Facebook to see if 264 was open from the recent flooding and I got a reply plus late season intel. A friend of mine happens to post that the road was closed but by the way I saw three birds cross the road heading to roost. What are the chances right? A friend that I haven't seen in years happens to be driving down the road my farm is on and sees birds cross the road, I ask about road closings and get the hookup.
I was planning to set up on the complete opposite side of the farm but I said what the heck.
At 6:30 I hadn't heard a thing and I thought the old bad luck streak continues, then a hen came into the field and yelped every 5 seconds for 45 minutes, I had never seen one quite this vocal until today. She fed through the field and passed my hen decoy at 15 yards only or go out of sight and hearing distance.
I sat there for a few minutes more and nature was calling so I had to slip up out of my seated position, when something told me to look back.
Two toms were standing about 300 yards away and closing distance fast, I thought to myself, great you have messed this one up, but in fact I was able to sit back down , make two calls and they both came right in, pulled the trigger on the only bird I could and ended this turkey curse.
8c1a31b34cdc9a58bc56018c3b1c3590.jpg
23301388c65d72a904c093acb991ad5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
most recent info gets a lot of us birds. take those gifts and never look back. :)

Congratulations, Glad your persistence was rewarded.

Bar3006

Ten Pointer
No one is cursed more than me, this will be 2 years without a bird, came close on a jake but guess what, I missed.... LOL Thanks for sharing your story and most of all congrats Sir !