Deer forum dates and locations are out

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
RALEIGH — A public forum May 24 at Alamance Community College will be one of nine that the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission plans across the state to collect input on white-tailed deer management, including potential changes to seasons and bag limits.

The forum is at 7 p.m. at ACC, 1247 Jimmie Kerr Road, Graham.

The commission surveyed hunters last year to understand their expectations and desires. The forums will present those results, discuss potential management options, and get additional feedback from hunters and other interested parties.

The forums aren’t public hearings, and the options presented aren’t proposed regulations. Any changes in regulations will be presented at public hearings next January.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/20170503/state-wants-input-on-deer

Last edited:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Go, let them know what you think now and that will have an influence(maybe) on what gets proposed.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
NC Camo Coalition wants to make deer hunters aware of special forums being offered by the NC wildlife agency. This is an opportunity to offer your perspectives and learn what is being considered for deer management in NC.
Please join the NC Wildlife Resources Commission staff for an interactive discussion on deer management in North Carolina. Topics will include biological information, results from the 2016 hunter survey and an open discussion on potential changes to seasons and bag limits. *all meetings start at 7pm.
Clyde, NC - District 9
Tuesday, May 16th
Haywood Community College, Auditorium
185 Freedlander Dr., Clyde, NC 28721
Morganton, NC - District 8
Wednesday, May 17th
Western Piedmont Community College, Auditorium
1001 Burkemont Ave., Morganton, NC 28655
Wilkesboro, NC - District 7
Thursday, May 18th
Wilkes County Agriculture Center
416 Executive Dr., Wilkesboro, NC 28697
Albemarle, NC - District 6
Tuesday, May 23rd
Stanly County Agri-Civic Center
26032 Newt Rd., Albemarle, NC 28001
Graham, NC - District 5
Wednesday, May 24th
Alamance Community College, Auditorium
1247 Jimmie Kerr Rd., Graham, NC 27253
Dublin, NC - District 4
Thursday, May 25th
Bladen Community College, Auditorium
7418 NC Hwy 41W., Dublin, NC 28332
Williamston, NC - District 1
Tuesday, May 30th
Martin Community College, Auditorium
1161 Kehukee Park Rd., Williamston, NC 27892
New Bern, NC - District 2
Wednesday, May 31st
Craven Community College, Orringer Auditorium
800 College Court, New Bern, NC 28562
Rocky Mount, NC - District 3
Thursday, June 1st
Nash Community College
522 N Old Carriage Rd., Rocky Mount, NC 27804
An informed and engaged sporting community is important to the traditions we all value.
Dick Hamilton
NC Camo Coordinator
dick@ncwf.org
NC Camo Coalition is a project of the NC Wildlife Federation

LanceR

Six Pointer
Contributor
I'm going to District 7's Thursday night

CJ, I was originally planning to be in NC to attend that meeting but will now be at the meeting in Graham next week. I'm hoping a neighbor goes, too.

Things are tracking well for our move to be completed by the end of July. I'll be in touch re: hunter education instructor stuff soon. I just found out that one of my step sons wants to take up deer hunting so I'll be teaching one more regular hunter ed course and one more archery course in NY before the move.....

Lance