How well does your cell phone work

C52

Eight Pointer
I'm asking because my iphone 4s, is missing alot of calls, and I'm not talking about in bad areas. A buddy swears that the galaxy gives better phone service. I like the Iphone myself, but with this being a work phone, I need good phone service. My wife and kids have the 6 and they seem to do fine. Edited to say that I'm upgrading in the next few days, as soon as I decide which phone I want. I like to keep things as long as they are still in good shape and doing the job, but recently my phone is not.

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
My dad and mom changed from I phones to Samsung.

I have an old Note 2 and it was better then the top I phones they had 2 years back.
They would get bunch of dropped calls a message a day later with no calls shown and speed on loading stuff on the web.

I got a deal on a I pad. Side by side with my note 2 it is way slow and is newer plus more of this and that.

Not sure what is going on. When you type on it it has a delay. You will be 3 to 4 words faster then it shows up. And lord knows I can not type.

Will never own a I phone or another apple product. They are slow and the battery suck.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
My employer gives me an iphone and updates it every 2 years. I have staff that bring me their samsungs to set up. They are vastly different and I am quite sure you would not like the difference. I suggest you upgrade to the latest iphone.

C52

Eight Pointer
That's what I'm thinking. I really like the Iphone and I'm hoping the new one will get all my calls.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
I owned a few iphones and was issued a note 4 for work a while back. I love it. No issues with anything. If I had to buy another phone it would be a samsung. My wife, kids, and mother inlaw all have i phones and they like them but they always have issues with something. Wife has a 6 about a year and a few months old and it keeps shutting off periodically. They said it could cost up to $200 to fix and there is no guarantee it will work right. The other day the Mother in laws phone did some kind of update and seems to have changed her password so she had to go to the apple store to have them look at it. PIA.

pinkfletch

Ten Pointer
How often do you "restart" the phone? I was having the same problem and was told by a friend to do a manual restart daily and it fixed the problem of calls going directly to voice mail. I do my restart when I plug it into the charger each night.

ako_deerking

Twelve Pointer
I was an android diehard for years. Got talked into trying an iPhone for a few days so I swapped my service to a regular iPhone 6 as a trial. It ran pretty well and the battery stayed charged much better than my LG V20. I sold the LG and got the 256gb 7+. It took me a bit of getting used to but it seems a much better battery and works flawlessly thus far. Great call quality and signal strength.

C52

Eight Pointer
How often do you "restart" the phone? I was having the same problem and was told by a friend to do a manual restart daily and it fixed the problem of calls going directly to voice mail. I do my restart when I plug it into the charger each night.

At least a couple times a week, but I'm upgrading anyway. I've had this phone from back when the 4s was the newest thing out

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
I have had just about everything made. There is no doubt cell service is better with Samsung than iPhone. I've had many circumstances that I have been unable to receive calls or talk and someone sitting beside me talking on a Samsung. In town everything works well this has been my experience but when the signal gets "weaker" the Samsung does better. I currently have the iPhone 7 btw. If buying for best cell reception it would be a Samsung no question.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Girlfriend and her daughter recently switched from applecrap phone to Galaxy 7. Both love their new phones and have no intention of going back to what they had before.

I will be upgrading my old motorola droid to a Galaxy 8 in the next few months.

ridenismo

Six Pointer
my iphone 6 is clearly made of glass, im on my 5th screen. The earpiece is so quiet that i have to either have the earbuds plugged in or take calls on speaker. It will NOT text anybody that doesnt have an iphone as well, with both apple and AT&T blaming each other for the problem and basically telling me tough luck get the new iphone. That being said my entire house is set up for apple products, from my TV, my macbook, my stereo, hell even my boat's navigation and fish finder so im kind of stuck.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If it isn't Iphone I ain't gonna have it. It was like using my off hand when I got it but after getting used to it I love 'em. That was several years ago.

Now, we ain't even going to talk about carriers. I had an unauthorized port on my number recently so they froze it without letting me know. All of a sudden no service. 4 hours of me and a CS rep working with them and quite a bit of fuming and fussing I am back on the air.

A week later, my phone is dead again. This time I am really pissed and it is a wonder they bothered to talk to me at all the frame of mind I was in. They get me back on the air again and I soon find out that even though my phone number is working correctly anyone that sends me a text or data it is going to random numbers all over the US. This really gets my shorts in a wad and I am back on the phone to CS. They say that can't happen to they send me texts and they start getting nasty replies from random numbers that isn't me. Well they get it sorted out and I now have 6 mos. free service, or I hope it is sorted out.

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
I have had iPhone for years.
No problem whatsoever.

I currently have the 7.

Maybe others are better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
iPhone with no gripes. 5S for 2.5yrs. I do tree work and it's in my pocket through cold and heat about 65% of the time. Damn a Samsung/nonApple charger.

Reality is something people struggle with, thus needing to claim and blame. Some how we've made it this far without them, yet people with but ONLY this or that. 🙄

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
6 plus and wouldn't want to be without it. Traveling all over the country with four email accounts running, Dropbox, cloud, GoToWebinar, and google suite. Never run the power to less than 30% and I use it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C52

Eight Pointer
I went with the iPhone 7. I really like how the iPhones work. I hope it hangs in there as long as the 4s did and I stop missing calls. Thanks for the replies

NCdoe

Ten Pointer
I had a Samsung flip phone for years so when I bought a smart phone I bought another Samsung. The reception was terrible and it dropped lots of calls. I took it back and they said it was a defective phone and gave me another Samsung. It wasn't any better. I took it back and bought an iPhone and the reception was great. Even though I like Samsung it didn't work for me. Love my iPhone.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
I have a 5s that's eligible for a Verizon upgrade. Had a iphone 4 before that. I love the iphone as a small personal computer/pda. I haven't seen anything yet that beats it in that category. My wife's Droid is a much better phone, however. When I'm dropping calls she's talking up a storm. This isn't a new issue, either. Apple has historically shrugged off their antennae and signal problems. I really don't see where they've changed anything, either. I'm seriously debating whether I want to switch to Android for my next phone now. It would mean all new apps and learning an entirely new operating system, but I'd be able to actually talk on the phone. May not make up my mind until the 5s dies and I walk into the store....

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I went with the iPhone 7. I really like how the iPhones work. I hope it hangs in there as long as the 4s did and I stop missing calls. Thanks for the replies

I think you'll be happy with that decision. I went from a 4s to a 7Plus and it's like night and day. I can't get over the difference in battery power.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I definitely noticed a difference in signal strength when I had an iphone. Not DRASTIC, but in the same week I got it, I noticed I had to leave rooms I could have a phone conversation in the week before. Any some other folks could get signal in those same rooms.

Honestly, I think that's the better test. Usually, in a commercial environment, stairwells, and very inner closed rooms of larger buildings (without BDA or DAS) you can gather people and see who has what signal. Especially if it's a room where some lose signal.

Tip, my MRS got the note 8. It's a pretty cool phone!! But.......She has Sprint. So she still has to be able to make smoke signals.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I have a 7+ now. I had a Huawei before that, and I was happy with it.

The one thing that will keep me with the apple is the group messaging feature. We bought my mom a new droid and she returned it in a week because she wasn't on the group message with her work buddies and her sisters.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Family of 4 and I'm the only Samsung owner. The others have iphones and have way more issues than I ever do.