View Poll Results: The equation is : 482(9+3)

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll

46 31.94%

98 68.06%
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Solve this equation

Quote Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
    the answer is always.....................chuck norris!
    ditto!!!!

Natural Flight Ryan

Please excuse my dear aunt sally. Come on guys!

Quote Originally Posted by MoBucks View Post
    The answer is always.....................CHUCK NORRIS!
    You, sir, are correct!
    "Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!" ~Quint

Twelve Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Flight Ryan View Post
    Please excuse my dear aunt sally. Come on guys!
    I did not write the becuase I was not certain and knew someoen would have a joke or two!!!!!!!!!

its 2. you have to start with the parenthases. 9 plus 3 is 12. since 2(12) means 2 times 12 that equals 24. 48 divide 24 is 2
    Welcome to walmart, get your **** and get out!

Old Mossy Horns

Quote Originally Posted by EGrdneck View Post
    Two things: 1) i have seen first hand smart people come to college, and lose all discipline and can barely hold a 2.0......
    You just thought they were smart.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrdneck View Post
    college shows you really who is ready for life and those who are still young dumb and ignorant...or it shows you who is paying for their schooling on their own or those who have mommy and daddy footing the bill.........
    I got lucky. My mommy and daddy ran me through twice. Nothing opened my eyes bigger than graduating from the College of Liberal Arts and starting from essentially the very beginning in the College of Engineering. It went from party time and the eloquence of gray matter to sitting beside foreigners who risked getting their head cut off by their family and their government if they performed poorly in Engineering. No Joke. No skating by in those classes.

In the College of Liberal Arts I learned that on the first day of class, observe where the prettiest girl is sitting. On day 2, arrive early and sit in that seat.

In the College of Engineering, since there no girls, just sit in the first or maybe the second row. I raised all my classes a letter grade by this alone and didn't spend an extra second studying.

I also learned that virtually everybody starting college is young, dumb and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by mekanizm View Post
    You just thought they were smart.

I got lucky. My mommy and daddy ran me through twice. Nothing opened my eyes bigger than graduating from the College of Liberal Arts and starting from essentially the very beginning in the College of Engineering. It went from party time and the eloquence of gray matter to sitting beside foreigners who risked getting their head cut off by their family and their government if they performed poorly in Engineering. No Joke. No skating by in those classes.

In the College of Liberal Arts I learned that on the first day of class, observe where the prettiest girl is sitting. On day 2, arrive early and sit in that seat.

In the College of Engineering, since there no girls, just sit in the first or maybe the second row. I raised all my classes a letter grade by this alone and didn't spend an extra second studying.

I also learned that virtually everybody starting college is young, dumb and ignorant.
    all could be correct assumptions but remember they are assumptions hahaha
    1 Timothy 4:12-"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in more?

Four Pointer

This is a great question!
    I say 288 if you follow the order of operations.
    Agree that you add the two numbers in paranthesis first. Then, if I recall correctly, you divide, multiply, add & subtract in that order from left to right. Doing so leaves you with 288.

Or do you multiply and then divide ? That's the key to the correct answer...
    Last edited by Fish Head; 04-11-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Twelve Pointer

288 is correct

Mobucks has it right. The rest of you should be looking over your shoulder!

I don't understand how the answer can be 288?
    Maxine Waters 2020!!