Not open for further replies.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Here is a link to the contact information for our Wildlife Commissioners:
http://www.ncwildlife.org/About/Commissioners.aspx
Here is a link to the NCWRC Staff contact information:
http://www.ncwildlife.org/About/DirectorsOffice.aspx

Let them know you are deeply concerned about this issue and it's impact on NC's wildlife. Remind them of their mission statement:

To conserve North Carolina’s wildlife resources and their habitats and provide programs and opportunities that allow hunters, anglers, boaters;other outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy wildlife-associated recreation.

Tell them our wildlife resources are too precious to expose them to FEDERAL EXPERIMENTS that do not know what their impact on our wildlife may be.

Here is a direct quote from the USFWS Red Wolf Coordinator David Rabon in an interview with the News and Observer:

"The red wolf reintroduction was always designed as an experiment, Rabon said. Nobody knew what was going to happen with the wolves, other species or the landscape".

And our NCWRC has done NOTHING to monitor this liberal experiment gone disastrously bad!!!!!!!!

Thanks for using more paragraph breaks........makes it so much easier to read and follow these important posts!!

Jett

Ten Pointer
From the Greenville Daily Reflector yesterday by David Rabon USFWS Red Wolf Coordinator:

“We’ve essentially gone down from 11 breeding pairs to eight breeding parts and that is very conservative,” Rabon said.

This program started 26 years ago with 4 breeding pairs. Peaked at 21 breeding pairs in 2003 prior to the coyote influx. Now there are 8 breeding pairs!!!!

What is the 26 year cumulative tax payer cost per breeding pair???

How many of these wolves bred with coyotes???

How far will the resulting hybrids set back wildlife in NC? What will the ultimate cost of this fiasco be????

What an incredible waste of tax payer money and loss of our wildlife resources. All USFWS has done is create a hybrid super coyote that is stripping the eastern NC landscape of both small and big game in vast numbers. It is time to concede that this is a failed program and end this experiment.

From the News and Observer by David Rabon USFWS Red Wolf Coordinator:; "The red wolf reintroduction was always designed as an experiment, Rabon said. Nobody knew what was going to happen with the wolves, other species or the landscape".

Pure recklessness with our precious wildlife!!!!

Last edited:

oldtimehunter

Jett,
How many acres of land to you own as a "pleasure hunting farm"? How much of your land borders the National Wildlife Refuge? How much of your land is used for agriculture? How much money to you receive from the state and federal government to provide wildlife habitat on your land? You seem to present yourself as the average joe. Yet from everything I have found out about you on the web indicates that your are far from an average joe. Prize Bird dog breeder, Horse breeder, and real estate magnate. Something does not quite feel right here. You are making a lot of noise for someone who "does not condone illegal activities". Seems like you are in a position to benefit from the presence of game populations on your land yet you want the federal government to do your predator control work as well. Something stinks here.

Jett,
How many acres of land to you own as a "pleasure hunting farm"? How much of your land borders the National Wildlife Refuge? How much of your land is used for agriculture? How much money to you receive from the state and federal government to provide wildlife habitat on your land? You seem to present yourself as the average joe. Yet from everything I have found out about you on the web indicates that your are far from an average joe. Prize Bird dog breeder, Horse breeder, and real estate magnate. Something does not quite feel right here. You are making a lot of noise for someone who "does not condone illegal activities". Seems like you are in a position to benefit from the presence of game populations on your land yet you want the federal government to do your predator control work as well. Something stinks here.

What does any of that have to do with the facts he has presented. Bottom line this was a poorly conceived/managed project that is having a negative impact on all wildlife in that area.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Jett,

The only "smell" is the one of how the feds have misrepresented this program and how the tree huggers are attacking all hunters rights.

I'll let Jett answer for himself, but my boat sails right beside him and there's nothing he's doing or saying that's for his benefit only.

FWIW and before it's asked, there's NOTHING about these things that's beneficial to hunting or the ecosystem. I own or lease ~12k acres and I know what this program has created for me and, I'm sure, for Jett.

I'll give you a personal observation of Jett, though. He's far too "legal" for the BS we are being subjected to. Just my opinion, but absolutely spot on.

><>

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I know Jett personally. He is a straight shooter and very successful businessman. He hunts for pleasure, just like we do.. There is no benefit to him on a monetary basis. His Terrell County farm has huge Black Bear and the biggest bucks fit inside a 5 gallon bucket. Anyone calling him out for something orher than straight up is out of line.

oldtimehunter

So everyone is above reproach and only act out of concern for others best interest?

oldtimehunter

I like a little balance in my conversations. Is the Administrator going to ban me from the conversation for not agreeing with everyone? Also trying to figure out why you guys complain so much about the government while receiving substantial benefit from the existence of the federal refuge system and state game lands. Heck to hear you guys talk I say we should do away with all the state and federal biologists as they don't know anything about wildlife, management, or habitat. Maybe we should eliminate game laws all together. I just get sick of hearing grown men cry. Lots of road kill deer around the east. Lots of farmers shooting deer all summer for eating their beans and leaving them to rot. Seems like some people don't realize how good they got it to be able to backstrap a buck, cut the hams off and throw the rest away because you can call daily and get two more tags.

Deer harvest 1976-2012
Beaufort: 900 803 875 1,152 1,206 1,504 1,188 1,777 1,680 1,671 1,927 2,274 2,396 2,119 2,911 2,537 2,821 3,122 2,852 2,296 2,358 2,085 3,001 2,410 2,692 2,820 2,012 2,202 2,430 2,374 2,711 3,109 3,388 3,150 3,344 3,124 2,831
Tyrrell: 90 93 86 76 86 83 78 114 132 155 191 255 208 339 333 425 393 598 581 606 652 935 1,346 1,059 954 1,085 833 622 859 839 798 1,044 990 1,022 1,175 1,017 932
Hyde:1,049 1,170 747 763 518 817 675 810 932 864 1,267 1,620 1,499 1,597 1,671 2,039 2,644 2,905 2,317 2,165 2,104 1,974 2,376 1,849 1,947 2,177 1,864 1,844 2,130 1,987 2,160 2,621 2,506 2,477 2,451 2,264 2,058
Washington:131 159 141 149 143 159 188 153 221 216 339 369 318 592 823 810 713 1,244 1,062 936 1,189 1,312 1,335 1,484 1,430 1,439 1,329 1,262 1,206 1,247 1,295 1,655 1,686 1,659 1,745 1,651 1,611
Dare:93 75 68 90 114 114 95 112 143 128 173 147 105 178 84 162 182 133 194 129 188 130 116 108 77 102 101 103 172 124 150 159 201 181 239 243 158

Not seeing any dramatic changes in deer harvest other than an increasing trend with normal fluctuations. Maybe the reason you don't have any bucks with Texas antlers is overpopulation or poor genetics.
I know one "hunter" who greatly appreciates the coyote night hunting rule. He has already lost his license once for spotlighting deer; now he is totally legal when he is out hunting "coyotes" at night in Washington, Beaufort, and Hyde counties. He already had 6-8 points with 17" spreads as of mid november.

Last edited:

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
oldtimehunter; said:
I just get sick of hearing grown men cry.
Me as well.....

Amazing that someone who claims to be a hunter has such an attitude and begrudges a man success and the things that success brings ....I will bet is someone does a little digging on 'oldtimehunter' he is a wolf in sheeps clothing......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
I have received replies from a couple of WRC commissioners, so it appears they are glad to hear from us on this issue.....still waiting to hear from senator Burr and rep Holding. I also fired off an email to Gov. McRory a well.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Briargoat

Ten Pointer
Just trying to figure out why you guys complain so much about the government while receiving substantial benefit from the existence of the federal refuge system and state game lands. Heck to hear you guys talk I say we should do away with all the state and federal biologists as they don't know anything about wildlife, management, or habitat. Maybe we should eliminate game laws all together. I just get sick of hearing grown men cry.
That land exists for the people and is sustained by our taxes and hunting fees. Why should I be grateful for getting to use something I have a right to? We should get rid of a lot of the wildlife staff. Their policies are biased and idiotic.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Just trying to figure out why you guys complain so much about the government while receiving substantial benefit from the existence of the federal refuge system and state game lands. Heck to hear you guys talk I say we should do away with all the state and federal biologists as they don't know anything about wildlife, management, or habitat. Maybe we should eliminate game laws all together. I just get sick of hearing grown men cry.

Care to explain what substantial benefits we receive? Most of the federal biologists I know could take lessons from those of us that have the same education and many more years experience.

If you can't differentiate between educated and intelligent rebuttal of poorly designed and enacted federal programs and " grown men crying", study our ignore feature, please.

Last edited:

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So everyone is above reproach and only act out of concern for others best interest?

I think the personal testimonials from well known members on this forum hold quite a bit more weight. Clearly not everyone is altruistic. Ive seen no reason to believe Jett is anything other than an upstanding individual.

oldtimehunter

I can respect trusting those you have talked with before I don't trust any of the folks i have met down east. I don't respect the total lack of respect for a man giving an opposing opinion base on his experience hunting in an area of the state where you must actually hunt to kill a deer. Hunting in the east ain't hunting it more like shooting cows. I guess it is a good thing you admin folks are here to keep opposing opinions to a minimum. Good ol boys at work. Keep you eye and minds shut. I won't bother trying to point out the obvious. new fangled forums ain't any better than face to face coffee sessions except it is easier to disrespect mans opinion when you ain't looking a man in the face. Hope you enjoy your scape goat hunts. I really so wish the state and feds would sell off their holding and turn thing back over to the private sector for management. Seems like that worked real good in the past. I'm out of here.

oldtimehunter

bryguy,
Dig away. It might surprise you.

Last edited:

oldtimehunter

Care to explain what substantial benefits we receive? Most of the federal biologists I know could take lessons from those of us that have the same education and many more years experience.
So you are implying that you receive no benefit from the presence of the refuge and wish to have it returned to private hands? Tell me your white-tailed deer management strategy.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I thought you said you were "Out of here". Quit bitching about things that haven't happened yet. Note...yet.

willch

Twelve Pointer
I can respect trusting those you have talked with before I don't trust any of the folks i have met down east. I don't respect the total lack of respect for a man giving an opposing opinion base on his experience hunting in an area of the state where you must actually hunt to kill a deer. Hunting in the east ain't hunting it more like shooting cows. I guess it is a good thing you admin folks are here to keep opposing opinions to a minimum. Good ol boys at work. Keep you eye and minds shut. I won't bother trying to point out the obvious. new fangled forums ain't any better than face to face coffee sessions except it is easier to disrespect mans opinion when you ain't looking a man in the face. Hope you enjoy your scape goat hunts. I really so wish the state and feds would sell off their holding and turn thing back over to the private sector for management. Seems like that worked real good in the past. I'm out of here.

Do you have to work at being idiotic or does it come natural..:confused:

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
With a registration email of "hairy_nuts@inbox.com", and specifically citing Conman as his referrer, I think its pretty clear this douche nozzle is troll.

oldtimehunter

I thought you said you were "Out of here". Quit bitching about things that haven't happened yet. Note...yet.

Nope I think I will stay. My family has been here since before this was a state so why leave now. Tarheel born Tarheel bred and when I die I'll be a Tarheel dead.

oldtimehunter

With a registration email of "hairy_nuts@inbox.com", and specifically citing Conman as his referrer, I think its pretty clear this douche nozzle is troll.
Then I should fit right in around here. No opposing opinions allowed? Is that the rule? Seems a bit out of balance if all you hear is the opinions of those who share yours. Makes for some real short conversations. By the way I know Mike and I have respect for the fact that he has strong opinions, as I would hope that he has respect for those with strong yet opposing opinions.

Last edited:

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Hairy - what is your M.O. here? Get to the point. Are you making an attempt to show support for the red wolf (coyote), or simply here to call out landowners who are standing up and speaking out against our government? Drop the 'tude and clarify your point.

oldtimehunter

That land exists for the people and is sustained by our taxes and hunting fees. Why should I be grateful for getting to use something I have a right to? We should get rid of a lot of the wildlife staff. Their policies are biased and idiotic.

I agree with you the federal and state lands are there for the use of the individual, not the commercial exploitation of a few and on the reduction of wildlife staff. Too often the staff politicians opinions get in the way of the biologists that know what they are talking about.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I am at the mercy of the administrators. No free speech is up to the rule of the dictators.

Pssst. This is a privately owned forum. When it comes to posting here, you have whatever rights we decide you have. If you don't like that then you really need to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.