"Red Wolf" restoration scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Grassroots Effort to "Help" USFWS "Locate" their "Dispersed" Wolves!!

lmrt4.jpg

srx800-field1.jpg

Private Landowners are committed to assisting by way of an innovative "Grassroots" (partnership) by aiding the USFWS in locating their Red Wolves since USFWS has been unwilling to do so upon multiple request. Many of these wolves (64) were Illegally Released onto Private Landowners property without federal authority to do so…

These same Landowners have completed a grassroots funding campaign (not to be confused with Crowdrise) and secured the necessary tracking equipment. This equipment is compatible with the USFWS's "Lotek" Telemetry tracking collars currently in use. :):):):):

attachment.php

Citizens of the 5 County area will track over 500 Private Properties, these properties are represented by the formal "Landowner Wolf Removal Letters" that were sent to USFWS months ago demanding the USFWS "REMOVE" their Illegal Red Wolves from Private Property.

To date USFWS continues defy their own laws as agreed in the published Federal Registry.

Stay tuned to "google red wolf restoration scandal" as the Private Landowners continue to "TRACK" this "Scandal"!!:):):):)

Red Wolf Restoration Scandal, Congressman Walter B Jones, Water Jones, Congressman Jones, Joey Hinton, Doc Hastings, House Committee on Natural Resources, Congress, Congressman Doc Hastings, ESA Oversight, Sue and Settle, Sue & Settle, T. Delaene Beeland, The Secret World of Red Wolves, Cornelia N. Hutt, Cornelia Hutt, Red Wolf Coalition, FOX, FOX News, ABC, ABC News, NBC, NBC News, WRAL, WRAL News, Raleigh, Charlotte, Sean Hannity, Bill Oreilly, Bill O'Reilly, The Factor, Megan Kelly, Greta Van Susteren, N&O, News and Observer, Bob Pendergrass, Dan Nicholas Park, Kim Wheeler, Red Wolf Coalition, David Rabon, RWC Board Member, USFWS, Red Wolf, Hybridization, International Wolf Center, Rob Schultz, Nina Fascione, Defenders of Wildlife, ESA, Endangered Species Act, Nonessential Experimental Population, North Carolina, Alligator River Wildlife Refuge, Red Wolf Coordinator, Section 10(j), 5 - Year Summary, Captive Breeding, Reintroduction Area, Coyote, Coywolf, Coywolfs, Coy-wolf, Coywolfs, Predator Control, Service, Take Permit, Adaptive Management, Sterilization, Federal Game Lands, Fish and Wildlife Service, Animal Welfare Institute, Lawsuit, NCWRC, North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission, Depredation, 5 County Red Wolf Recovery Area, Hyde County, Beaufort County, Tyrrell County, Dare County, Washington County, Red Wolf Recovery Program, Reward, PHVA 1999, George Amato, Mike Chamberlain, Jennifer Gilbreath, Ed Bangs, Brian Cole, Karen Goodrowe, Karen Beck, Gloria Bell, Dave Flemming, Jack Grisham, Art Beyer, Randy Fulk, Mary Hagedorn, Mike Bryant, Todd Fuller, Phil Hedrick, Onnie Byers, Eric Gese, Gary Henry, Brian Kelly, Phil Miller, John Theberge, Fred Knowlton, Michael Morse, Mary Thebarge, Sue Lindsey, Dennis Murray, Kathy Traylor-Holzer, Chris Lucash, Ron Nowak, Will Waddell, Ford Mauney, Mike Phillips, Bob Wayne, Dave Mech, Ulysses Seal, Kathy Whidbee, Scott McLellan, Doug Smith, Aubrey White, Michael Stoskopf, Paul Wilson, Dan Ashe, Sally Jewell, Department of the Interior, Red Wolf Study, Peer Review, Peer Reviewed, Howlings, Columbia NC, Columbia
Transmitter.jpg

Last edited:

odie408

Ten Pointer
Proposed Coyote Suit Settlement Order

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF NORTH CAROLINA NORTHERN DIVISION

NO. 2:13-cv-00060-BO

RED WOLF COALITION, DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE, AND ANIMAL WELFARE INSTITUTE,
Plaintiffs,
v.
JIM COGDELL, JOHN LITTON CLARK, JOE C. BARKER, III, WES SEEGARS, NAT
T. HARRIS, JR., JOSEPH BUDD, DAVID W. HOYLE, JR., WENDELL (DELL) MURPHY, ) MARK CRAIG, THOMAS A. BERRY, ) GARRY SPENCE, JOHN T. COLEY, IV, ) VERNON (RAY) CLIFTON, JR., THOMAS L. FONVILLE, RICHARD EDWARDS, MICHELL HICKS, TIMOTHY L. SPEAR, in their official capacities as Commissioners of the North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission; GORDON S. MYERS, in his official capacity as Executive Director of the ) North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission, Defendants.

PROPOSED ORDER

Upon consideration of the Joint Motion for Modification of Preliminary Injunction and Stay of Proceedings, it is this day of , 2014,

ORDERED, that the Motion is GRANTED; ORDERED, that proceedings in this matter are stayed;

ORDERED, that the Parties shall provide status reports to this Court every six (6) months for the duration of the stay;
and it is further

ORDERED that the preliminary injunction entered by this Court on May 13, 2014, is modified in accordance with the terms of Attachment A to the Settlement Agreement between the Parties, such that in the counties of Dare, Hyde, Washington, Tyrrell and Beaufort (hereinafter, the “five counties”), the following applies:

(1) Coyote hunting on public lands is prohibited, except that coyotes may be taken on State-owned game lands by the holder of a permit or license for a specific special hunt opportunity for coyotes authorized by G.S. 113-264(d). Any special hunt for coyotes pursuant to G.S. 113-264(d) shall only allow hunting from the hours of one-half hour before sunrise until one-half hour after sunset. Contests or competition coyote hunts on public lands are prohibited. If, within a calendar year, two or more red wolves are shot by one or more hunters with a valid special hunt permit for coyotes on State game lands within the five counties, all special hunt opportunities for coyotes on State game lands within those five counties shall be suspended for one calendar year.

(2) There is no closed season for taking coyotes on private lands. Coyotes may be taken on private lands from the hours of one-half hour before sunrise until one- half hour after sunset only.

(3) Coyotes may be taken on private lands by permit only, and any take shall be reported within 24 hours to the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission.

(4) Coyote hunting permits are in addition to hunting licenses. Individuals exempted from license requirements under the provisions specified in G.S. 113-276 must still acquire the coyote hunting permits to hunt coyotes in the five counties. Coyote hunting permits are valid for one calendar year and subject to annual renewal. These permits are non-transferable. Permit holders must submit their harvest reports in order to be eligible for permit renewal.
Except as otherwise provided above, coyote hunting pursuant to 15A NCAC 10B .0219 in the counties of Dare, Hyde, Washington, Tyrrell and Beaufort remains preliminarily enjoined pending further action by this Court.

United States District Judge
Who do this people think they are to write our laws? This is unacceptable! We need night season to get control of the coyotes that they put in our backyards that are now eating or killing our cats and dogs now that the wildlife is gone. Save our wildlife! Let us protect our native wildlife and pets. I have two friends that have dog that spent days in animal hospitals recovering from coyote or wolf attacks. Are these people going to pay the bill? Would they want their pets mauled or eating? I sure wish they where in their backyard not mine!

Jett

Ten Pointer
The fact that game management and private land use is being determined and written in the form of settlement agreements with anti hunting groups behind closed doors is appalling.

How can these settlement agreements ever be modified or changed as time and circumstances change?

Laws and Statutes have avenues for change that are transparent and available through our representatives. Settlement agreements behind closed doors do not!

The Red Wolf Restoration Scandal has just been escalated to an all new level...

Jett

Ten Pointer
The fact that game management and private land use is being determined and written in the form of settlement agreements with anti hunting groups behind closed doors is appalling.

How can these settlement agreements ever be modified or changed as time and circumstances change?

Laws and Statutes have avenues for change that are transparent and available through our representatives. Settlement agreements behind closed doors do not!

The Red Wolf Restoration Scandal has just been escalated to an all new level...

Do we now have a new methodology to write our State's game laws?

Jett

Ten Pointer
Why have we slipped down this slope?

attachment.php

NCWRC_tolerate_no_return_to_refuge.jpg
From my FOIA request of the Red Wolf Recovery Implementation Team minutes

Last edited:

odie408

Ten Pointer
The only way I see to win this war with the wolf is to let the coyote breed the rest of the DNA out. Maybe we should just let the coyotes go and do the job for us. It should not take but a few years as they are already paired with yotes. I see two "red wolves" on my land and they are not running with each other, they are paired with the yotes. Don't allow USFWolfS on or near your land to take care of the "wolves". Trap and neuter and release the "wolves". Problem solved!

odie408

Ten Pointer
Proposed Coyote Suit Settlement Order

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF NORTH CAROLINA NORTHERN DIVISION

NO. 2:13-cv-00060-BO

RED WOLF COALITION, DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE, AND ANIMAL WELFARE INSTITUTE,
Plaintiffs,
v.
JIM COGDELL, JOHN LITTON CLARK, JOE C. BARKER, III, WES SEEGARS, NAT
T. HARRIS, JR., JOSEPH BUDD, DAVID W. HOYLE, JR., WENDELL (DELL) MURPHY, ) MARK CRAIG, THOMAS A. BERRY, ) GARRY SPENCE, JOHN T. COLEY, IV, ) VERNON (RAY) CLIFTON, JR., THOMAS L. FONVILLE, RICHARD EDWARDS, MICHELL HICKS, TIMOTHY L. SPEAR, in their official capacities as Commissioners of the North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission; GORDON S. MYERS, in his official capacity as Executive Director of the ) North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission, Defendants.

PROPOSED ORDER

Upon consideration of the Joint Motion for Modification of Preliminary Injunction and Stay of Proceedings, it is this day of , 2014,

ORDERED, that the Motion is GRANTED; ORDERED, that proceedings in this matter are stayed;

ORDERED, that the Parties shall provide status reports to this Court every six (6) months for the duration of the stay;
and it is further

ORDERED that the preliminary injunction entered by this Court on May 13, 2014, is modified in accordance with the terms of Attachment A to the Settlement Agreement between the Parties, such that in the counties of Dare, Hyde, Washington, Tyrrell and Beaufort (hereinafter, the “five counties”), the following applies:

(1) Coyote hunting on public lands is prohibited, except that coyotes may be taken on State-owned game lands by the holder of a permit or license for a specific special hunt opportunity for coyotes authorized by G.S. 113-264(d). Any special hunt for coyotes pursuant to G.S. 113-264(d) shall only allow hunting from the hours of one-half hour before sunrise until one-half hour after sunset. Contests or competition coyote hunts on public lands are prohibited. If, within a calendar year, two or more red wolves are shot by one or more hunters with a valid special hunt permit for coyotes on State game lands within the five counties, all special hunt opportunities for coyotes on State game lands within those five counties shall be suspended for one calendar year.

(2) There is no closed season for taking coyotes on private lands. Coyotes may be taken on private lands from the hours of one-half hour before sunrise until one- half hour after sunset only.

(3) Coyotes may be taken on private lands by permit only, and any take shall be reported within 24 hours to the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission.

(4) Coyote hunting permits are in addition to hunting licenses. Individuals exempted from license requirements under the provisions specified in G.S. 113-276 must still acquire the coyote hunting permits to hunt coyotes in the five counties. Coyote hunting permits are valid for one calendar year and subject to annual renewal. These permits are non-transferable. Permit holders must submit their harvest reports in order to be eligible for permit renewal.
Except as otherwise provided above, coyote hunting pursuant to 15A NCAC 10B .0219 in the counties of Dare, Hyde, Washington, Tyrrell and Beaufort remains preliminarily enjoined pending further action by this Court.

United States District Judge

This crap was approved by NCWRC on 10\10, I for one will not pay to kill coyotes on my own land.I will not report wolf sightings or coyote deaths. The coyote is the only way I see to get rid of the wolf on my land as the feeble attempt to trap the wolf failed. Save the coyote as a tool to breed out the trace of other DNA out of the big dogs. let these stupid :donk do it there way, they will take care of the problem for us. Don't let USFWolfS on your land. If they want to shoot them selves in the foot, give them the ammo!

odie408

Ten Pointer
I sure hope you folks in the other 95 county's are watching,the big bad "red wolf" is coming to your land like it or not.You need to stop him now while you can, they are not protected there yet. You don't even have to report the kill yet.Stop them while you can before the coyote is protected. We now have a large number of
protected coyotes where we once had a large number of deer. Its coming like it or not,take care of it before its your problem to. We might have to go hunt with you guys to the west, so save your hunting rights before the "red wolf" gets his foot in the door. Slam it, lock it, protect it. Keep the big bad wolf out! PS Send deer meat,we are out.

Take 'em

Six Pointer
I can't understand how anyone in their right mind would think a private landowner would/could/should give permission to USFWS to come on their land and trap or release anything after this fiasco.

Shame on NCWRC for agreeing to such a measure. Slowly but surely states rights are giving way to the feds, usually through some activist judge. A permit to hunt a coyote on private land, now that is a oxymoron when the NCWRC went to all the effort to open night time coyote hunting in NC because of the way these coyotes are intruding into our state. So we go from open limit, year long open season, night time hunting to get rid of these apex predators to protecting them with permit only hunting "during the daytime" in 5 counties. Odie408 is right, the other 95 counties will come under the gun because soon the quarter wolves, hybrids, and coyotes will eat themselves out of the available food sources where they are protected. As we have seen they are already moving out of the area and this will only heighten the speed of migration to the north, south, and west.

landowner rights

I think it's time for a class action lawsuit. This is a situation which they have already shown they have no defense.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
At no time did I think I'd be agreeing with a class action lawsuit against people that I respect, but I'm beginning to think it's going to be the only recourse that I have to protect my properties and to preserve them for the purposes that I bought them for. As I said in another thread, there are over 500 of us that are willing to put in writing that we are opposed to having this thing on our properties. Both the USF&W and now the NCWRC seem intent on denying our requests and violating the very game laws that each purport to designate for the "good of the people and wildlife". With over 500 landowners, we will have a hell of a war chest! I just hope that the NCWRC will not force us in to this kind of action.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
95 Locations where "NO REPORTING" is Required to an otherwise lawful activity!!

USFWS is to ensure their Experimental Non-Essential Red Wolves remain on "Their" Federal Land. Should a Wolf disperse USFWS is to trap, dart, helicopter / net etc. Then release it back on "Their" Federal Land.

Also wildly known is USFWS utilizes "Telemetry Collars" on its sterilized coyotes but is not required to trap these canids. Thus ANY Collard Canid observed outside of the 5 County Area could be assumed to be a "Coyote"??

The "Law" states while reporting is encouraged for the incidental take of a Red Wolf to an otherwise lawful activity (relative to these 95 counties)…It is NOT REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(See Below)

(4)(i) Any person may take red wolves found on private land in the areas defined in paragraphs (c)(9) (i) and (ii) of this section, Provided that such taking is not intentional or willful, or is in defense of that person's own life or the lives of others; and that such taking is reported within 24 hours to the refuge manager (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(i) of this section), the Park superintendent (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(ii) of this section), or the State wildlife enforcement officer for investigation.

(ii) Any person may take red wolves found on lands owned or managed by Federal, State, or local government agencies in the areas defined in paragraphs (c)(9) (i) and (ii) of this section, Provided that such taking is incidental to lawful activities, is unavoidable, unintentional, and not exhibiting a lack of reasonable due care, or is in defense of that person's own life or the lives of others, and that such taking is reported within 24 hours to the refuge manager (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(i) of this section), the Park superintendent (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(ii) of this section), or the State wildlife enforcement officer for investigation.

(iii) Any private landowner, or any other individual having his or her permission, may take red wolves found on his or her property in the areas defined in paragraphs (c)(9) (i) and (ii) of this section when the wolves are in the act of killing livestock or pets, Provided that freshly wounded or killed livestock or pets are evident and that all such taking shall be reported within 24 hours to the refuge manager (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(i) of this section), the Park superintendent (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(ii) of this section), or the State wildlife enforcement officer for investigation.

(iv) Any private landowner, or any other individual having his or her permission, may harass red wolves found on his or her property in the areas defined in paragraphs (c)(9) (i) and (ii) of this section, Provided that all such harassment is by methods that are not lethal or physically injurious to the red wolf and is reported within 24 hours to the refuge manager (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(i) of this section), the Park superintendent (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(ii) of this section), or the State wildlife enforcement officer, as noted in paragraph (c)(6) of this section for investigation.

(v) Any private landowner may take red wolves found on his or her property in the areas defined in paragraphs (c)(9) (i) and (ii) of this section after efforts by project personnel to capture such animals have been abandoned, Provided that the Service project leader or biologist has approved such actions in writing and all such taking shall be reported within 24 hours to the Service project leader or biologist, the refuge manager (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(i) of this section), the Park superintendent (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(ii) of this section), or the State wildlife enforcement officer for investigation.

(vi) The provisions of paragraphs (4) (i) through (v) of this section apply to red wolves found in areas outside the areas defined in paragraphs (c)(9) (i) and (ii) of this section, with the exception that reporting of taking or harassment to the refuge manager, Park superintendent, or State wildlife enforcement officer, while encouraged, is not required.

(5) Any employee or agent of the Service or State conservation agency who is designated for such purposes, when acting in the course of official duties, may take a red wolf if such action is necessary to:

(i) Aid a sick, injured, or orphaned specimen;

(ii) Dispose of a dead specimen, or salvage a dead specimen which may be useful for scientific study;

(iii) Take an animal that constitutes a demonstrable but non-immediate threat to human safety or that is responsible for depredations to lawfully present domestic animals or other personal property, if it has not been possible to otherwise eliminate such depredation or loss of personal property, Provided That such taking must be done in a humane manner, and may involve killing or injuring the animal only if it has not been possible to eliminate such threat by live capturing and releasing the specimen unharmed on the refuge or Park;

(iv) Move an animal for genetic purposes.

(6) Any taking pursuant to paragraphs (c) (3) through (5) of this section must be immediately reported to either the Refuge Manager, Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge, Manteo, North Carolina, telephone 919/473-1131, or the Superintendent, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, telephone 615/436-1294. Either of these persons will determine disposition of any live or dead specimens.

(7) No person shall possess, sell, deliver, carry, transport, ship, import, or export by any means whatsoever, any such species taken in violation of these regulations or in violation of applicable State fish and wildlife laws or regulations or the Endangered Species Act.

(8) It is unlawful for any person to attempt to commit, solicit another to commit, or cause to be committed, any offense defined in paragraphs (c) (2) through (7) of this section.

(9)(i) The Alligator River reintroduction site is within the historic range of the species in North Carolina, in Dare, Hyde, Tyrrell, and Washington Counties; because of its proximity and potential conservation value, Beaufort County is also included in the experimental population designation.

(ii) The red wolf also historically occurred on lands that now comprise the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Park encompasses properties within Haywood and Swain Counties in North Carolina, and Blount, Cocke, and Sevier Counties in Tennessee. Graham, Jackson, and Madison Counties in North Carolina, and Monroe County in Tennessee, are also included in the experimental designation because of the close proximity of these counties to the Park boundary.

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retriev...25627410a54d3&n=sp50.2.17.h&r=SUBPART&ty=HTML

Last edited:

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
At no time did I think I'd be agreeing with a class action lawsuit against people that I respect, but I'm beginning to think it's going to be the only recourse that I have to protect my properties and to preserve them for the purposes that I bought them for. As I said in another thread, there are over 500 of us that are willing to put in writing that we are opposed to having this thing on our properties. Both the USF&W and now the NCWRC seem intent on denying our requests and violating the very game laws that each purport to designate for the "good of the people and wildlife". With over 500 landowners, we will have a hell of a war chest! I just hope that the NCWRC will not force us in to this kind of action.

They lost all of my respect with this settlement. I would say what I think of them but it would not be proper. I know the NCWRC cruises this forum and thread so they can use their imagination on my thoughts about them at this point. I think you guys will be able to get people outside of the 5 counties since the restrictions will soon move westward!

landowner rights

Our NCWRC has agreed to these absurd regulations knowing they are not even close to the wishes of the NC landowners in the 5 county area. This is yet another USFWS power grab taking away our rights and advancing their agendas all while knowing they are doing wrong and not living up to their word. What else is new?

Environmentalist groups are very quick to file lawsuits against activities that are detrimental to wildlife (the wildlife they prefer at the moment) and have been able to cripple many activities in this country on land that they have no connection to. How is it they complain about stuff that's happening on land that's not theirs and get results?!?!?!

We have a valid argument on a situation that is occurring on OUR land and they don't have a leg to stand on to defend theirselves, but the seem to be continuing their march over our rights.

Jett

Ten Pointer
Quote Originally Posted by Wildlifepro51

"Good evening guys, I have put together two birds for aerial hog hunts. I have a jet ranger and a R44 we can have 3 shooters in the ranger and 1 in the R44 . We also can supply AR modern sporting rifles with 100 rd drums. I am looking for at least 4000 acres in eastern NC that farmers and land owners are having problems with hogs . If you know of any land owners or farmers with this problem please pm me and let us know. We will supply 1/2 day hunts for hogs. If you want to have the time of your life and also help do our part in management by helping to reduce the hog problem again let us know."

Wildlifepro51,

How do you think this would work on "coyotes"? I have lots of laid out fields that used to be full of wildlife. Now these fields are just full of "coyotes". Talk to me about costs. We have about 500 - 600 landowners in Hyde, Tyrrell, Washington, Dare and Beaufort counties who may want your services. 4000 acre tracks will not be a problem.

We may even be able to track some of these "coyotes" via aerial telemetry.

Heck we may even find some common ground for you and BR549.

Thanks,
Jett

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Quote Originally Posted by Wildlifepro51

"Good evening guys, I have put together two birds for aerial hog hunts. I have a jet ranger and a R44 we can have 3 shooters in the ranger and 1 in the R44 . We also can supply AR modern sporting rifles with 100 rd drums. I am looking for at least 4000 acres in eastern NC that farmers and land owners are having problems with hogs . If you know of any land owners or farmers with this problem please pm me and let us know. We will supply 1/2 day hunts for hogs. If you want to have the time of your life and also help do our part in management by helping to reduce the hog problem again let us know."

Wildlifepro51,

How do you think this would work on "coyotes"? I have lots of laid out fields that used to be full of wildlife. Now these fields are just full of "coyotes". Talk to me about costs. We have about 500 - 600 landowners in Hyde, Tyrrell, Washington, Dare and Beaufort counties who may want your services. 4000 acre tracks will not be a problem.

We may even be able to track some of these "coyotes" via aerial telemetry.

Heck we may even find some common ground for you and BR549.

Thanks,
Jett

"Adaptive Management"!!

BR549

Twelve Pointer
USFWS is to ensure their Experimental Non-Essential Red Wolves remain on "Their" Federal Land. Should a Wolf disperse USFWS is to trap, dart, helicopter / net etc. Then release it back on "Their" Federal Land.

Also wildly known is USFWS utilizes "Telemetry Collars" on its sterilized coyotes but is not required to trap these canids. Thus ANY Collard Canid observed outside of the 5 County Area could be assumed to be a "Coyote"??

The "Law" states while reporting is encouraged for the incidental take of a Red Wolf to an otherwise lawful activity (relative to these 95 counties)…It is NOT REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(See Below)

(4)(i) Any person may take red wolves found on private land in the areas defined in paragraphs (c)(9) (i) and (ii) of this section, Provided that such taking is not intentional or willful, or is in defense of that person's own life or the lives of others; and that such taking is reported within 24 hours to the refuge manager (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(i) of this section), the Park superintendent (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(ii) of this section), or the State wildlife enforcement officer for investigation.

(ii) Any person may take red wolves found on lands owned or managed by Federal, State, or local government agencies in the areas defined in paragraphs (c)(9) (i) and (ii) of this section, Provided that such taking is incidental to lawful activities, is unavoidable, unintentional, and not exhibiting a lack of reasonable due care, or is in defense of that person's own life or the lives of others, and that such taking is reported within 24 hours to the refuge manager (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(i) of this section), the Park superintendent (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(ii) of this section), or the State wildlife enforcement officer for investigation.

(iii) Any private landowner, or any other individual having his or her permission, may take red wolves found on his or her property in the areas defined in paragraphs (c)(9) (i) and (ii) of this section when the wolves are in the act of killing livestock or pets, Provided that freshly wounded or killed livestock or pets are evident and that all such taking shall be reported within 24 hours to the refuge manager (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(i) of this section), the Park superintendent (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(ii) of this section), or the State wildlife enforcement officer for investigation.

(iv) Any private landowner, or any other individual having his or her permission, may harass red wolves found on his or her property in the areas defined in paragraphs (c)(9) (i) and (ii) of this section, Provided that all such harassment is by methods that are not lethal or physically injurious to the red wolf and is reported within 24 hours to the refuge manager (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(i) of this section), the Park superintendent (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(ii) of this section), or the State wildlife enforcement officer, as noted in paragraph (c)(6) of this section for investigation.

(v) Any private landowner may take red wolves found on his or her property in the areas defined in paragraphs (c)(9) (i) and (ii) of this section after efforts by project personnel to capture such animals have been abandoned, Provided that the Service project leader or biologist has approved such actions in writing and all such taking shall be reported within 24 hours to the Service project leader or biologist, the refuge manager (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(i) of this section), the Park superintendent (for the red wolf population defined in paragraph (c)(9)(ii) of this section), or the State wildlife enforcement officer for investigation.

(vi) The provisions of paragraphs (4) (i) through (v) of this section apply to red wolves found in areas outside the areas defined in paragraphs (c)(9) (i) and (ii) of this section, with the exception that reporting of taking or harassment to the refuge manager, Park superintendent, or State wildlife enforcement officer, while encouraged, is not required.

(5) Any employee or agent of the Service or State conservation agency who is designated for such purposes, when acting in the course of official duties, may take a red wolf if such action is necessary to:

(i) Aid a sick, injured, or orphaned specimen;

(ii) Dispose of a dead specimen, or salvage a dead specimen which may be useful for scientific study;

(iii) Take an animal that constitutes a demonstrable but non-immediate threat to human safety or that is responsible for depredations to lawfully present domestic animals or other personal property, if it has not been possible to otherwise eliminate such depredation or loss of personal property, Provided That such taking must be done in a humane manner, and may involve killing or injuring the animal only if it has not been possible to eliminate such threat by live capturing and releasing the specimen unharmed on the refuge or Park;

(iv) Move an animal for genetic purposes.

(6) Any taking pursuant to paragraphs (c) (3) through (5) of this section must be immediately reported to either the Refuge Manager, Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge, Manteo, North Carolina, telephone 919/473-1131, or the Superintendent, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, telephone 615/436-1294. Either of these persons will determine disposition of any live or dead specimens.

(7) No person shall possess, sell, deliver, carry, transport, ship, import, or export by any means whatsoever, any such species taken in violation of these regulations or in violation of applicable State fish and wildlife laws or regulations or the Endangered Species Act.

(8) It is unlawful for any person to attempt to commit, solicit another to commit, or cause to be committed, any offense defined in paragraphs (c) (2) through (7) of this section.

(9)(i) The Alligator River reintroduction site is within the historic range of the species in North Carolina, in Dare, Hyde, Tyrrell, and Washington Counties; because of its proximity and potential conservation value, Beaufort County is also included in the experimental population designation.

(ii) The red wolf also historically occurred on lands that now comprise the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Park encompasses properties within Haywood and Swain Counties in North Carolina, and Blount, Cocke, and Sevier Counties in Tennessee. Graham, Jackson, and Madison Counties in North Carolina, and Monroe County in Tennessee, are also included in the experimental designation because of the close proximity of these counties to the Park boundary.

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retriev...25627410a54d3&n=sp50.2.17.h&r=SUBPART&ty=HTML

It would be best to fly on the "Fringes" of the 5 County Area. Never know, could run up on a "Wall of Coyotes"...

The best part is being outside the 5 County Area, you would not have to sit the Helo down to report an Incidental Red Wolf Kill, as long it was done incidentally to an otherwise lawful activity (very clearly explained above) for those just joining!!

Last edited:

Jett

Ten Pointer
Wake up Commissioners!

Tonight's wolves on my farm! I hope they come to your farm or hunt club next... You now own this problem. Quite a legacy for you protectors of our State's wildlife.

We have fed you more than enough data to run this USFWS anti hunting scam out of our State, but instead you now let the Red Wolf Coalition force you to recognize this coywolf as an endangered/threatened species by the State of NC. Absurdity...

attachment.php

2woofs.jpg

Last edited:

Jett

Ten Pointer
SPECIES ID # BIRTH DATE BL RELEASE DATE COUNTY LAND OWNERSHIP
WOLF 10140 27-Apr-80 C 14-Sep-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10231 08-May-83 C 14-Sep-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10184 01-May-81 C 01-Oct-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10194 01-May-81 C 01-Oct-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10196 01-May-81 C 01-Oct-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10205 23-Apr-82 C 01-Oct-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10211 29-Apr-82 C 01-Oct-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10227 23-Apr-83 C 01-Oct-87 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10300 06-May-86 C 12-Apr-88 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10322 12-May-87 C 14-Apr-88 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10331 21-Apr-88 I 25-Jan-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10332 21-Apr-88 I 25-Jan-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10208 29-Apr-82 C 03-Jul-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10392 27-Apr-89 C 01-Aug-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10393 27-Apr-89 C 01-Aug-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10394 27-Apr-89 C 01-Aug-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10395 27-Apr-89 C 01-Aug-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10313 26-Apr-87 C 22-Aug-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10328 12-May-87 C 22-Aug-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10316 26-Apr-87 C 04-Sep-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10319 26-Apr-87 C 04-Sep-89 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10304 06-May-86 C 17-Sep-90 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10327 12-May-87 C 17-Sep-90 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10397 09-Apr-90 C 17-Sep-90 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10398 09-Apr-90 C 17-Sep-90 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10399 09-Apr-90 C 17-Sep-90 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10426 02-May-90 C 03-Oct-90 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10427 02-May-90 C 03-Oct-90 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10430 02-May-90 C 03-Oct-90 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10337 05-May-88 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10352 15-Apr-89 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10459 25-Apr-91 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10460 25-Apr-91 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10461 25-Apr-91 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10462 25-Apr-91 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10466 26-Apr-91 C 13-Aug-91 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10464 26-Apr-91 C 23-Aug-91 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10372 06-May-89 I 03-Aug-92 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 10382 14-May-89 I 03-Aug-92 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10517 14-Apr-92 C 03-Aug-92 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10518 14-Apr-92 C 03-Aug-92 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10519 14-Apr-92 C 03-Aug-92 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10523 14-Apr-92 C 03-Aug-92 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10408 10-Apr-90 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10586 18-Apr-93 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10587 18-Apr-93 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10588 18-Apr-93 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10589 18-Apr-93 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10590 18-Apr-93 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10591 18-Apr-93 C 23-Aug-93 DARE PRIVATE
WOLF 10383 14-May-89 I 15-Sep-93 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10445 24-Apr-91 C 15-Sep-93 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10632 02-May-93 C 15-Sep-93 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10633 02-May-93 C 15-Sep-93 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10634 02-May-93 C 15-Sep-93 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10358 29-Apr-89 C 15-Dec-93 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10377 06-May-89 I 15-Dec-93 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10375 06-May-89 I 05-Jan-94 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10379 14-May-89 I 05-Jan-94 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10448 24-Apr-91 C 02-Feb-94 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10465 26-Apr-91 C 02-Feb-94 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10374 06-May-89 I 03-Feb-94 WASHINGTON FEDERAL
WOLF 10437 10-May-90 C 03-Feb-94 WASHINGTON FEDERAL
WOLF 10561 01-May-92 C 16-Mar-95 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10593 18-Apr-93 S 06-Apr-95 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 10765 16-May-94 I 24-Jan-96 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10640 04-May-93 I 03-Apr-96 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10769 16-May-94 I 08-May-96 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10807 21-Apr-95 I 24-Jun-96 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10808 21-Apr-95 I 16-Oct-96 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10767 16-May-94 I 07-Feb-97 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 10875 01-May-95 I 20-Mar-97 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10876 01-May-97 I 29-Jan-98 WASHINGTON FEDERAL
WOLF 10771 10-May-94 I 27-Jan-99 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10929 20-May-97 I 30-Mar-99 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10930 06-May-97 I 30-Apr-99 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 10933 01-May-97 I 24-Apr-00 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11088 15-Apr-00 C 26-May-00 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11061 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 11062 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 11063 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 11064 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 11076 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 11077 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 11078 26-Apr-00 C 02-Jun-00 WASHINGTON PRIVATE
WOLF 10950 22-Apr-98 S 31-Jul-00 WASHINGTON FEDERAL
WOLF 10982 01-May-98 I 29-Sep-00 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10952 22-Apr-98 S 04-Oct-00 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 11053 01-May-98 I 04-Oct-00 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 10951 22-Apr-98 S 04-Apr-01 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 11166 01-May-01 I 01-Nov-02 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11165 01-May-01 I 21-Jan-03 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 11356 01-May-04 I 28-Sep-05 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 11463 01-May-05 I 28-Oct-06 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11547 01-May-05 I 01-Nov-06 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 11462 01-May-05 I 04-Nov-06 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11461 01-May-05 I 15-Dec-06 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11548 01-May-06 I 22-Jan-08 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11549 01-May-06 I 12-Feb-08 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 11658 01-May-07 I 04-Aug-08 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11657 01-May-07 I 02-Apr-09 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11726 01-May-08 I 02-Apr-09 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11728 01-May-08 I 02-Apr-09 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11727 01-May-08 I 13-Apr-09 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 11725 01-May-07 I 17-May-09 WASHINGTON FEDERAL
WOLF 11171 3/25/02 C 4/5/02 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 11173 3/25/02 C 4/5/02 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 11174 3/25/02 C 4/5/02 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 11175 3/25/02 C 4/5/02 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 11176 3/25/02 C 4/5/02 HYDE FEDERAL
WOLF 11199 4/21/02 C 5/5/02 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11202 4/21/02 C 5/5/02 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11357 4/17/04 I 5/4/04 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11358 4/17/04 I 5/5/04 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11466 5/1/06 C 5/15/06 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11469 5/1/06 C 5/15/06 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11470 5/1/06 C 5/15/06 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11471 5/1/06 C 5/15/06 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11577 4/15/07 C 4/24/07 DARE FEDERAL
WOLF 11578 4/15/07 C 4/25/07 BEAUFORT PRIVATE
WOLF 11579 4/15/07 C 4/25/07 BEAUFORT PRIVATE
WOLF 11737 4/24/09 C 5/1/09 HYDE PRIVATE
WOLF 11739 4/24/09 C 5/1/09 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11740 4/24/09 C 5/1/09 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11741 4/24/09 C 5/1/09 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11788 4/17/10 C 4/30/10 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11796 4/17/10 C 4/30/10 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11854 4/24/11 C 5/7/11 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 11855 4/24/11 C 5/7/11 TYRRELL FEDERAL
WOLF 11911 4/20/12 C 4/27/12 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11912 4/20/12 C 4/27/12 TYRRELL PRIVATE
WOLF 11993 4/21/13 C 5/1/13 TYRRELL PRIVATE

From 15A NCAC 101 .0102

(g) Purchase, importation, and possession of special concern species within North Carolina is allowed under permit to state and federal governmental agencies, corporate research entities, and research institutions provided that:

(1) sales are permitted to out of state consumers;

(2) the specimens will be possessed in indoor facilities and safeguards adequate to prevent accidental escape are provided during all transporation of the specimens;

(3) the agency's or institution's Animal Use and Care Committee has approved the research protocol for this species; and

(4) no specimens may be stocked or released in the public or private waters or lands of North Carolina and specimens may not be transferred to any private individual

odie408

Ten Pointer
Trapping season, Saturday Nov. 1, snares legal in Beaufort and Hyde Co.s no restrictions on equipment. If you catch a protected collared animal make sure he is dead and call USFWS(W now stands for wolf) as they care nothing about our (wildlife). Trap,neuter,release.

Last edited:

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Trapping season, Saturday Nov. 1, snares legal in Beaufort and Hyde Co.s no restrictions on equipment. If you catch a protected collared animal make sure he is dead and call USFWS(W now stands for wolf) as they care nothing about our (wildlife). Trap,neuter,release.

Read the regs, odie408. Trapping season in the counties you listed doesn't start until Dec.1 and there are equipment restrictions. Are you trying to get the unsuspecting in trouble or are you just misinformed?

><>

Last edited:

odie408

Ten Pointer
Sorry,my bad. I was misinformed and did not mean to deceive anyone.When I said no restrictions I was meaning on snares. Robert Wayne when I was asking about trapping and snaring said there is no restrictions on the equipment used on snares.ie...kill springs as long as you are legally trapping. Do try to be legal. Trapping season is Dec. 1.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
Judge must still sign this.
It is called sue and settle and we just lost our rights to night hunting with no input into the process.
Yep, red wolf program will not negatively impact any legal activity on private property...
What a joke. I wonder what rights we will lose next.

Common and successful tactic these days. Déjàvu all over again.
Will the taxpayer also cover the plaintiff's legal fees this time? Might as well pay them for the $&&(&@(@(@@ we're getting.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
Common and successful tactic these days. Déjàvu all over again.
Will the taxpayer also cover the plaintiff's legal fees this time? Might as well pay them for the $&&(&@(@(@@ we're getting.

I expect it of "them", it's what they do. They got what they wanted. The WRC agreeing to the terms is the bad part.
Same situation as what happened at Hatteras. They folded. Out of fear I suppose. Of what, in this case, I don't know. Maybe someone smarter than me can explain why the WRC thought that this is the best option.

corapeake

Eight Pointer
We need to draw heat to their a$$es ! What about States Rights !?!? This ain't the end of this !

sent from my Razr Maxx using TapaTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.