Oklahoma or Kansas Outfitter Recommendations?

GobblinNC

Four Pointer
Title says it all. Trying to plan a last minute hunt for this spring to Kansas or Oklahoma. Will not have the time needed to scout and hunt public this year. Recommendations?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Where ever you go do your homework well, this late a really good outfitter with openings is tough. Any certain area of state or are you open to anywhere such as eastern Ks has easterns are you looing more toward rio and Okl has several restrictions on how many you can kill in certain counties

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Conyers outdoors has a good operation in Kansas and Nebraska.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
I don't know first hand, but I know Kansas has a lot of public opportunities for DIY hunts. I have a couple of friends who have had great success. They also have a program where farmers allow the public to walk in and hunt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No clue about turkeys but the WIHA (walk in hunting access) in Kansas is pretty awesome

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
No clue about turkeys but the WIHA (walk in hunting access) in Kansas is pretty awesome
Or at least it used to be numbers are down now you used to be able to go and tag out every year but the internet has ruined that birds are so visible not all that hard to kll and the pressure has taken toll they are reducing fall tags for this reason last I heard plus considering some other things the drop off in population is considerable in some areas

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Title says it all. Trying to plan a last minute hunt for this spring to Kansas or Oklahoma. Will not have the time needed to scout and hunt public this year. Recommendations?

Check PM I sent you name for Okl his hunts are pretty much slam dunk

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Well, I have spent alot of time in Kansas [alot of it on WIHA land] and there are always turkey around.
But if I wanted to just kill a few gobblers, I would stop in Missouri on the way to Kansas.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Well, I have spent alot of time in Kansas [alot of it on WIHA land] and there are always turkey around.
But if I wanted to just kill a few gobblers, I would stop in Missouri on the way to Kansas.

Tis was at one time true and some areas still OK but there are lot that are not the state had discussions on either doing away with fall season or cutting spring to 1 tag neither passed for this year but it tells you the direction I read in last 10 years non res tag sales went up 500%. I know I've been in several areas of state and last year was poorest I've seen it since been going I remember back in early 2000's it really was to point of not being a challenge. Last spring I hit 12 WIHA before finding 1st mature bird

GobblinNC

Four Pointer
sent it again with your time limits I can see using a outfitter some years you just gotta do hat gotta do time is always an issue I would really consider Texas though

Thanks Turkeyfoot... May end up in Texas before season here comes in but was thinking about trying somewhere different.

Arrowhead

he must have a ton of birds, the detail says the turkey hunts start and end at noon.

I've deer hunted with him several years and have always seen a lot of turkeys.

Arrowhead

When was last time you were with them just for fun I looked them up nothing new on site since 2014 same with any review nothing recent

I just hunted with them in November 2016. I see Mike putting more stuff on his Facebook Page than his website. But it was easier to put his website link.